Remove "Recording" video feed from TCS in layout when scheduled through TMS

lukehamilton1
Level 1
Level 1

System info:

TMS v13.2.2

TCS v5.2 (configured as a terminal)

Codian 4510 MCU v4.4

Both TCS and the MCU are registered to TMS.  I'm working on managing all of our calls more centrally through TMS and have had difficulty with integrating TCS into conferences.  I don't want the black "Recording..." screen to show up as a participant in the participant layout.  I know that these can be configured manually to exclude it, but I want to automate this as much as possible.

On the MCU, the aliases are configured to not send video to the MCU by default; it records quietly in the background.  All conferences configured direclty on the MCU without the "help" of TMS dial out to all endpoints - including the TCS alias - and only the video endpoints are visible.  The content is recorded as it needs to be.

When conferences are scheduled through TMS, however, the TCS alias is dialed in just like before, but it also sends a video feed to the MCU - a black screen with "Recording" on it.  I've tried calling from the system phone book and making it an "external" call, but both give me the same result.  I'm assuming this is because the MCU and TMS don't share the same phone book.  Is that the reason?  When this happens, the MCU does not have the option to mute the video feed from the CS during the conferecne.

Currently my plan is to have all the endpoints called through TMS scheduling and then have my technicians dial out to the CS manually after testing is finished.  Automation is my goal, however

Any help would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Luke -

You can very easily mute the video and/or audio coming from the TCS into your conference.  When you create the booking in TMS, and have your MCU added, go to "Connection Settings" and there should be two check boxes at the far right where you can mute the video/audio.

Try it out, and let us know.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Luke -

You can very easily mute the video and/or audio coming from the TCS into your conference.  When you create the booking in TMS, and have your MCU added, go to "Connection Settings" and there should be two check boxes at the far right where you can mute the video/audio.

Try it out, and let us know.

Of course - I just skipped over those checkboxes for some reason. 

Thank you!