Views
Helpful
Replies

Repairing PrecisionHD 1080p camera

alexey.murkaev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

Today I have occasionally dropped the PrecisionHD 1080p camera. It back cover went of and ribbon cable has been badly damaged. You can see it in the attached file. Can anyone say me what can be done on this issue? Can I send this to some repair center, or may be I can purchase this ribbon cable somewhere?

Please, someone help me! This is very urgent. Any information is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This I believe will be classified as mis-handling and I do not think this is cover by service contract even if you have one in place. I am not sure if the cisco repair center will repair this at a cost. Suggest you raised a TAC case and check.

And I do not recommend you buying the ribbon cable even if you can get one as other parts of the camera might has been damage without you knowing it.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the unit is covered by service contract then you can open a case with our RMA TAC team

Unfortunately if the unit does not have a valid service contract unfortunately we do not have any "pay for repair" service available , like it was in Tandberg service model

Regards,

Cristian

"we do not have any "pay for repair" service available , like it was in Tandberg service model"

That is very pity.

We do not have any service contract.