Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace TMS appliance

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have single TMS appliance with VCS and TMSagents (MOVI applications), then my TMS has error, and need to replaced by new one,

is there any procedure to do this replacement regarding the TMS have TMSagents with VCS to make sure the replication will not problem. sorry i just worriying about replication to be failed.

because i have large numbers of MOVI users.

Thanks all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kabiru

What kind of error you see on TMS server? Maybe ist possible to fix it?

Before replacing your TMS applaince server you need to schedule downtime for maintenance.

You have to back up your sql database and TMS agent database. Then install new TMS server with matching version of the old one and restore database and TMS agent backup. Then you can enable replication again.

Bear in mind that TMS appliance server is EOL and EOS, but also you may be able to take advantage of Cisco migration program.

Please check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11316/ps11338/end_of_life_notice_c51-683062.html

Regards

Rafal

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kabiru

What kind of error you see on TMS server? Maybe ist possible to fix it?

Before replacing your TMS applaince server you need to schedule downtime for maintenance.

You have to back up your sql database and TMS agent database. Then install new TMS server with matching version of the old one and restore database and TMS agent backup. Then you can enable replication again.

Bear in mind that TMS appliance server is EOL and EOS, but also you may be able to take advantage of Cisco migration program.

Please check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11316/ps11338/end_of_life_notice_c51-683062.html

Regards

Rafal