Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Replace TMS appliance

Hi all,

i have single TMS appliance with VCS and TMSagents (MOVI applications), then my TMS has error, and need to replaced by new one,

is there any procedure to do this replacement regarding the TMS have TMSagents with VCS to make sure the replication will not problem. sorry i just worriying about replication to be failed.

because i have large numbers of MOVI users.

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Replace TMS appliance

Hello Kabiru

What kind of error you see on TMS server? Maybe ist possible to fix it?

Before replacing your TMS applaince server you need to schedule downtime for maintenance.

You have to back up your sql database and TMS agent database. Then install new TMS server with matching version of the old one and restore database and TMS agent backup. Then you can enable replication again.

Bear in mind that TMS appliance server is EOL and EOS, but also you may be able to take advantage of Cisco migration program.

Please check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11316/ps11338/end_of_life_notice_c51-683062.html

Regards

Rafal

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Replace TMS appliance

Hello Kabiru

What kind of error you see on TMS server? Maybe ist possible to fix it?

Before replacing your TMS applaince server you need to schedule downtime for maintenance.

You have to back up your sql database and TMS agent database. Then install new TMS server with matching version of the old one and restore database and TMS agent backup. Then you can enable replication again.

Bear in mind that TMS appliance server is EOL and EOS, but also you may be able to take advantage of Cisco migration program.

Please check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11316/ps11338/end_of_life_notice_c51-683062.html

Regards

Rafal

Views
Helpful
Replies