cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing Integrator MXP 6000 with single display. C40 vs SX20?

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

I've got to make quick decision and my CISCO sales rep is MIA :(

We've got a bunch of MXP 6000s (ingegrator package) I'd like to replace. They are simple setups with a single monitor on a roll around rack. 

with one output to the monitor and one camera is there any point in spending the extra money for a C40 vs getting an SX20? From a video capability standpoint they look pretty much the same. C40 gets me more stuff in back, but this is a pretty simple setup.

Just looking for what people here might do?

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well C40 and SX20 are two different video conferencing solutions from Cisco, one is integrator (c40) and other is quickset solution (SX20).

The SX20 Quick Set is designed to deliver high definition video and multiparty conferencing with the flexibility to accommodate various room size and configurations - all at a value price.

C40 being intergrator allow supports for intergration with 3rd party devices like crestron, mixers.

both support 1080p premium solution.

both are excellent solutions and are mind blowing in feature and functionality as compare to MXP series.

you cannot go wrong with either one.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well C40 and SX20 are two different video conferencing solutions from Cisco, one is integrator (c40) and other is quickset solution (SX20).

The SX20 Quick Set is designed to deliver high definition video and multiparty conferencing with the flexibility to accommodate various room size and configurations - all at a value price.

C40 being intergrator allow supports for intergration with 3rd party devices like crestron, mixers.

both support 1080p premium solution.

both are excellent solutions and are mind blowing in feature and functionality as compare to MXP series.

you cannot go wrong with either one.

That's very helpful! Thanks!

The only thing that's a bummer is that the SX20 does not look like it's H.265 ready :( I'd have to get an SX80 for that and I don't have the budget for it.

Yes, H265 is introduced with SX80.

SX80 is High-end/mid-range codec aimed at the integrator market.

I'm hearing from my local Cisco guys that the SX80 will be priced similar to the C40 - so it could be a better choice if you were thinking of a C40.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Just bear in mind the SX80 replaces the C40, C60 and C90, or so I have been told by Cisco. It not only supports H.265, but also Intelligent Proximity.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Had a meeting with our Cisco rep just last week, he said the SX80 is a replacement for the C40 and C60, priced a little higher than the C40 yet lower than the C60.  Considering the features you get compared to the C40 and C60, it's a good codec with more or equal then inputs/outputs of the two mentioned codecs.  Though if you don't need an integrators codec, the SX20 would probably be suited for what you wanted.

Something to consider, have you see or heard of the SX10?

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, one way to look at it, is the MXP systems being used standalone as they are, or are they integrated into the room somehow?  SX20 isn't mean to be an integrators codec, however the C40 is.

If you're looking for a codec to simply plug into the display and run a microphone into the room from the codec, than the SX20 might be what you need.  One thing to note, is the SX20 is a Quick Set codec, meaning it's a basic system, the C40 and up have more configuration options built in.  I'd look at how you have your MXP codec setup, the connections (if you plan on changing anything, etc), and what you might want in the future.  We have several C20s (before the SX20) and C40s, and both work just fine, only big differences as you've noted are the connections on the back, as well as the configuration options you get with an integrators codecs than a Quick Set codec.

Thanks Patrick! That's also very helpful. I think the SX20 is going to be the way to go.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From the initial description a SX20 or even SX10 might be enough. And sure the SX80 sounds like a

very powerful devices as well.

But its risky to define without knowing the exact deployment.

Where do you see the limiting factor of the MXP6000 / why do you want to replace them?

What did you like / dislike.

What is currently connected to it (like do you also do presentations, how many and which

microphones are connected, how is the network done, do you use the remote control or

some external control device, how much zoom do you need on the camera, ...)

There are some parameters which you should check up on. Not sure where you are,

but here its very slow around easter. Just give it some time check with your Cisco Partner or

Contact when he is available again.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

We have a few rollabouts that are not integrate in any way, utilise the standard remote and simply require a basic camera. The C20s were great for this however, we have also used Polycom Group Series 300 units with basic acoustic camera. In which case these marry up to the SX20 and SX10.

Some people like the ability to use a cabled presentation feature, whilst other are happy with the wireless app (albeit that it is slower). I think the SX80 or even C40 would be overkill, at least it would be for us.

Cheers

Chris

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

I'd ask why you had the 6000MXP integrators in the first place.  Single camera single monitor setup, it sounds like you should have only had 3000MXP codecs, unless you had a Multisite requirement for 5+1.  Everyone's advice is sound though.

Let's just say that the person who purchased them before I was at my current job never questioned the re-seller.

That being said, the reseller should sell the customer what they need and not try to sell them more just to make a buck at your customer's expense even though they don't need it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: