cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled Conferences and Changing Codec Addresses in TMS

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If we change the video address (H323 and/or SIP) on codecs already scheduled in TMS, will TMS detect the changes and update the conferences with the new address so they will connect without issue?  Or will we need to go and touch every conference to update them ourselves?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman wrote:

Well, after changing some of the codecs addresses, TMS hasn't changed the addresses in the already scheduled conferences.  [...]

Any ideas why TMS didn't want to update the conference with the new addresses?

That wouldn't be expected either. TMS never reroutes existing conferences when the dial plan changes. I'm afraid the only solution is resaving all such conferences manually.

Wayne DeNardi wrote:

How have you got TMS set to track the systems (MAC Address, Hostname, IP Address)? - This may affect it somehow if the other settings are changing - I'm only guessing though.  [...]

Nope, this won't have any effect.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) Would recommend try it out!

2) On one hand I would say it should work as it seems to save the id of the endpoint, on the other

hand I remember having seen endpoints disappear from lists, ... not 100% sure, back to 1) ;-)

As things might be dependent on tms software version and endpoint type, and the kind of management mode

and used call control its handy to mention that as well ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Patrick,

From my experience, if you change the H.323 or SIP addresses, that does not affect any of the scheduled conferences to that device.  They are all stil there are still work.

We found this out by accident one day when we moved a device between sites and renamed/reconfigured H.323 settings - the unit was previously scheduled in a conference and that conference went to the new location and not to the newly installed device that was put there with the same name and H.323 details as the previous one.  (We have TMS set to track the devices by MAC address).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I've changed a few systems, waiting to see what happens tomorrow.  I remember doing this a year or so back, but don't remember the outcome, so we'll see.

TMS is 14.3.1

Codecs are TC6.3

Well, after changing some of the codecs addresses, TMS hasn't changed the addresses in the already scheduled conferences.  Good thing is that I've planned for that issue if it had came up, and created the appropriate transforms on the VCS to convert the old formatted address to the new ones.  Something that was an "extra step", and rather not have needed to do, but it's working.

How have you got TMS set to track the systems (MAC Address, Hostname, IP Address)? - This may affect it somehow if the other settings are changing - I'm only guessing though.  From my experience the conference stayed with the unit even when it was renamed (although that was a while ago with TMS 13.x - I haven't moved much around too much recently or tried with TMS 14.x).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesion as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman wrote:

Well, after changing some of the codecs addresses, TMS hasn't changed the addresses in the already scheduled conferences.  [...]

That wouldn't be expected either. TMS never reroutes existing conferences when the dial plan changes. I'm afraid the only solution is resaving all such conferences manually.

Wayne DeNardi wrote:

How have you got TMS set to track the systems (MAC Address, Hostname, IP Address)? - This may affect it somehow if the other settings are changing - I'm only guessing though.  [...]

Nope, this won't have any effect.

Regards,

Kjetil

Kjetil -

That's what I thought, was hoping that maybe TMS might update the routing automatically.  Would be nice though. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: