Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure VTC Bridge

Hello,

We have a customer that requires a VTC bridge. Currently, they have 1 C40 located at the headquarters and 5 MXPs located at different locations. All of these end points are using ISDN and can make unclass and classified connections (secure) using KIV7m. We are planning to install and configure the equipment listed below.

1. ISDN Gateway 3241

2. MCU 4501

Questions:

1. Do we need a VCS for this set-up?

2. Can the equipment listed above can handle the secure connection using KIV7?

3. The endpoints can register to the MCU?

4. Any input and other suggestions regarding this will be much appreciated.

If other info is needed , please let me know.

Thank you,

Allan

3 Replies 3

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Allan. Having VCS would be nice to have. MCU on board gk is ok but not as robust as VCS. Curious to how you plan on using this. MXPs register to MCU and use ISDN as backup? Not quite sure if thats what your trying to do or not. If you need the 3241 to be secure, this wont work. You may want to look at Serial GW if secure is required. Ill have to see if KIV7M is supported or not though.

Hope this helps.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Patrick, thanks for the response. All the MXPs are located @  different locations and they are only using ISDN line for inbound and  outbound calls. The customer requires a secure ISDN bridge that can be   used for the multipoint call between the headquarters and the remote  locations. All endpoints are using the KIV7m for the encryption.

Thanks again,

Allan

HI Allan.  Ok.  I'd suggest a Serial Gateway if this were me. 

The data sheet and literature can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11605/index.html

I'd also check the JITC APL guide as well.  I know some DoD entities require it be listed on JITC APL, so I'd look there to make sure.  Look for the below on there webpage.  You should be able to get to it.  Also, it will list the SW versions that have been approved as well. 

Company :

CISCO

Model   :

TelePresence Infrastructure

Version :

Multiple

TN :

Effective Date :

11-Dec-2012

Expiration Date :

11-Dec-2015

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: