Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selecting Dialling Protocol on C20/40/60/90 – H323/SIP

I am struggling to select a dialling protocol, on a C-Series codec when placing an ad-hoc call from the remote control or the touch, but from the web interface you can select the speed and the dialling protocol (SIP or H323).

On an Edge 95, you can type in the IP address or URL from the remote, select the speed and if you want to dial SIP/H323 or ISDN, but I can’t find how to do this on a C-Series and it is frustrating to go into advance settings each time and changing it under Default Call Protocol.

Please help?

18 Replies 18

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Burgert!

Just for your info, I have nearly the same case open. In our case its TMS phonebooks,

C20s with in touch registered via SIP to the VCS and h323 direct mode to on to reach

internal systems in an MPLS network.

We have an ongoing SR 621943011 and were referred to a bug in TMS CSCtw52223

which I do not agree on as like you also experience its an endpoint issue.

As we need the centalized phonebooks I did not investigate in this direction, but maybe

for you it can be a workaround if localfavorites are ok.

remark: mangling devices via root can be dangerous, so everyone is self responsible what he does!

You can add contacts via the admin / tsh login:

xcommand Phonebook Contact add name:"ip test" Number:"h323:10.10.10.10" ProtocolProtocol:H323 calltype:video callrate:768

xCommand Phonebook Contact Add

Name(r): < 0="">

FolderId: < 0="">

ImageURL: < 0="">

Title: < 0="">

Number: < 0="">

Protocol:

CallRate: <0..65534>

CallType:

Device:

xCommand Phonebook ContactMethod Add

ContactId(r): < 0="">

Device:

Number(r): < 0="">

Protocol:

CallRate: <0..65534>

CallType:

This is stored in the file "/config/pb.xml" on the endpoint. I noticed that the protocol is not set

If you log in as root you have the file "/config/pb.xml" you can either edit this file via vi or upload it via scp.

(please make a backup of your old file)

I would try it with this content: (you have to reboot your codec afterwards)

ip test

h323:10.10.10.10

H323

Video

And then alternate the uri (for example just try 10.10.10.10 instead of h323:10.10.10.10, try @10.10.10.10, h323:@10.10.10.10, 10@10.10.10.10,. ... and so on) to see if there is a change in behavior, also try changing

H323  to its default

I was not able to test it right now as I currently do not have the system in front of me and if I see it right

there is no api command to dial a phonebook id.

but at least a search here looks good (first entry modified, second entry added with xcom with the empty protocol):

xcommand Phonebook Search SearchString: test

*r ResultSet ResultInfo TotalRows: 2

*r ResultSet Contact 1 Name: "ip test"

*r ResultSet Contact 1 ContactId: "localContactId-1"

*r ResultSet Contact 1 ShowInBuddyList: ""

*r ResultSet Contact 1 SpeedDialNumber: ""

*r ResultSet Contact 1 ContactMethod 1 ContactMethodId: "1"

*r ResultSet Contact 1 ContactMethod 1 Number: "h323:10.10.10.10"

*r ResultSet Contact 1 ContactMethod 1 Protocol: H323

*r ResultSet Contact 1 ContactMethod 1 CallRate: 768

*r ResultSet Contact 1 ContactMethod 1 CallType: Video

*r ResultSet Contact 2 Name: "ip test xcommand added"

*r ResultSet Contact 2 ContactId: "localContactId-2"

*r ResultSet Contact 2 ShowInBuddyList: ""

*r ResultSet Contact 2 SpeedDialNumber: ""

*r ResultSet Contact 2 ContactMethod 1 ContactMethodId: "1"

*r ResultSet Contact 2 ContactMethod 1 Number: "h323:10.10.10.10"

*r ResultSet Contact 2 ContactMethod 1 CallRate: 768

*r ResultSet Contact 2 ContactMethod 1 CallType: Video

** end

Besides that I do not like to read "its not a bug, its a feature!" Why?

* MXP behaves different (=works)

* manually entered calls work

* tms phonebooks do not work

* redial, adding the recent call to the phonebook or creating a favorite do not work.

the combination of these, the not consistent behavior and also Burgert having the same issue makes me believe,

this is is a bug, not a feature, ...

As its a bug I would say it shall be addressed and get fixed that the systems properly stay in protocol.

Martin

Burgert: please rate the answers using the stars below the messages.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Thanks for a detailed help and suggestions, I have tried this way and still I get the same problem the only time the system dial a H323 call when default is set to SIP is when you do a add hoc call and adding "H323:" inn front off the number.

The below does NOT work on a C -series or a EX series

1. Adding the ad hoc dialed number to favorites and using it again

2. Creating a new favorites with the H323: inn front of the URL and using it

3. Pushing down a Phone book from TMS with a manual entry of a H323 contact information and using it

4. Creating a Phone Book entry into Favorites via Xcommand as per above and specifying the protocol as H323 and using it

I have created a TAC and will keep this discussion up to date.

Update:

Register your systems with a gatekeeper and everything works, E164's and IP addresses, as soon as u unregister them nothing works.

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been identified as a bug and is now resolved. Will be included in the upcoming TC5 and TC6 releases:CSCua67474

Symptom:

Calling a H323 contact from touch panel, always dials out using SIP if H323 callsetup mode is Direct.

Condition:

SIP is set as the default call protocol.

Let me know if this does not cover the problems you have identified. Thanks for bringing it into our attention!

BR

Johan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: