Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send DTMF tones from a booked conference in TMS

Hi,

Does anyone know how to connect an endpoint to a scheduled conference with a reservation from TMS? The TMS starts the call in the endpoint, but the MCU ask for the PIN code and is is not sent.

I have tried to schedule a call in which the participants are my endpoint and the conference I want to connect to. The confence is configured as a

participant template like the shown image:

Participant_Template.JPG

Any coment will be welcome

thanks¡¡

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose

Could you please let me know what endpoint you are trying to do this with? I can see in the screenshot you have created a dialout template. But you have not selected any endpoint in here. Is that on purpose? (Under basic connection settings) It's several ways you can configure the template but I'm not sure I'm following your description.

C series does not support DTMF tones in the dial string for sure. Even though it's possible to type it in on the latest version. This will be corrected in the next version of TMS where it successfully reports if the system does not support DTMF tones.

I just need some more information about what exactly you want to do here. Most importantly what endpoint model are we talking about and what software is it running?

Best Regards

Magnus Ohm

Hi Magnus,

sorry, I think not properly explained the whole environment and what I need.

I have a Cisco infrastructure:

MCU 4220

IP-ISDN GW 3241

VCS Control Cluster

VCS Expressway Cluster

TMS 13.1.2

and several types of endpoints

VSX 7000, VSX7000e and VSX 8000 all running in version 9.0.6

HDX 7000 and HDX 8000 all running in version 3.0.2

C20 all running in version TC4.1.2.257695

There are serveral conferences running in the MCU all protected by a PIN code. We use TMS as booking tool. What I need is to schedule a call from the terminal to the conference so that in TMS I can set the destination number and PIN.

I hope I have clarified the situation that I have and what I need

Many thanks in advacen

Best regards

Jose

HI,

This should work fine I have tested this and I was able to book calls from TMS using templates to an MCU pin protected or to  webex meeting and the DTMF string was sent out without any problem

In your case, looking at the printscreen you try to send "1234" as DTMF tones. If this is not working, make sure that the far end device does not require an aditional "#" at the end , or something simmilar. If this is the case, the DTMF string should be 1234#

Regards

Cristian  

Hi Cristian,

I tried it with and without "#" and it doesn´t work. The number of my conference is 18340675009, the prefix of the MCU is 1834067 and the PIN is 1234. Using the template, the endpoint only connects the Autoatendant and it ask for the destination conference...

Regards

Jose

HI,

I would be intreseted to see a log from MCU with the "user input" event log filter set to "errors,information warnings and trace" to see if the endpoint does sent anything to the MCU

I would suggest since we neeed logs to create a TAC case and we'll further troubleshoot from there

Regards

Cristian

HI Jose,

I have tested this in our lab and I get to the same result

Even if I ask on the template  to the C series to dial "conference number" followed by the "dtmf" string , the C series by design can only send the "conference number" and the complete sequence (number + dtmf)

This is not a bug as for the C series as Magnus mentioned previously DTMF tones  are not supported in the main dial string. They can only be sent by a separate command (xcommand dtmf: ) however this is not done by TMS as it's currently designed   

I would strongly recommend to further address this as a feature request and based on the business impact that this functionality has it over your business this will be considered for further sw releases

Regards

Cristian