Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial Number of Tandberg Codec CTS-C60-K9

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to get the serial number of Tandberg Codec CTS-C60-K9 device.

can this be located on the device and in what format is it written?

Prompt response will be appreciated.

Regards,

Peter Nnaji.

8 Replies 8

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

Login as admin on telnet/ssh and type "xstatus systemunit hardware module serialnumber" or login to the webinterface and take a look at the System information page.

Hope this helps.

Arne

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From physical HW: Check system information bottom of C60 Codec and look for number starting with “SN:”.

From Web GUI: Under System Information (first page after login), you will find “Serial number” fields with 12 digits number (i.e A1AR46B00001).

From Console/SSH: Execute “xsta SystemUnit Hardware Module SerialNumber” then serial number will print out on terminal session.

Hi Tomonori,

Your response was quite helpful, but one other issure I have with the Codec is that when I power it up, it does not boot completely. it gets to a stage where it shows 'Cisco' and hangs thereforever.

What could be the possible cause for this?

regards,

Peter.

Hi Tomonori,

i am using it for the first time. Its a new device.

Regards.

> it does not boot completely. it gets to a stage where it shows 'Cisco' and hangs there forever.
> i am using it for the first time. Its a new device.
If still facing same booting failure, I’d recommend retrieve application.log from Endpoint (possible to retrieve it by using SSH or WinSCP if prefer GUI operation) or alternatively connect PC from console port and boot up.

Then contact TAC for further investigation.

Thaank you.

Will try that and get back to you.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> it does not boot completely. it gets to a stage where it shows 'Cisco' and hangs thereforever.

Do you start experiencing this recently? (meaning does C60 ever boot up properly and works before and made any change? i.e upgrade software)

Do you have active LAN connection on Ethernet port 1?

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Peternnaji

If the product information printed on the underside of the codes is unreadable and you can’t get onto the system itself to check, try the below.

If the codec was sold with a Cisco camera you can get the codec serial number from the Cisco Licensing site by doing a lookup on the camera’s SN.

The camera should have its product information printed on its underside same was the codec.