Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup Search Rule from VCS to Lync Server

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

I am still learning on how to set up of Search Rules on VCS. However Currently I am doing an integration of VCS with Lync Server.

Setup is :-

1.) Edge Server

2.) Frond End Pool

3.) Only one VCS Control running X7.1

My Customer's Video Network SIP Domain configured on VCS is  *@customer.com and same is of there Lync Domain.

So Video Endpoints and lync clients have same domain.

I am confused on how would i setup search rule on VCS which will target the Lync Server. ( I am following VCS-Lync Deployment Guide) when domain is same.

Could you please help me , how would the search rule look like?

Thanks,

Saurabh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

check additional link for this..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3586039#3586039

a nice thread where Andreas cleared lot of things..

Thanks

Alok

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Saurabh,

for a shared domain deployment you are recommended to use FindMe registrations onto OCS/Lync, are you using FindMe for this? Also, are you using B2BUA for connectivity between the VCS and the Lync environment?

The type of search rule to use from the VCS towards the Lync environment depends on whether or not you are using B2BUA. You can find detailed instructions on the search rules which you need to create in the OCS/Lync deployment guide for X7.1, which is available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11337/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We are not using any shared domain . We are also not using FindMe in our setup.

yes, I am using B2BUA for connectivity between VCS and Lync using FEP.

Any inputs?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Initially you mentioned the domain is same for VCS and Lync?? if that's not the case then its pretty easy to create the search rule!!

for e,g, if the lycn domain is "lync.com" and vcs domain is "video.com" then on vcs you can have something like

Alias pattern match

(.*)@lync.com  --> pattern string

Regex  -->type regex

B2BUA zone --> target zone

from the lycn side you need to add the routes. please note the routes on the lycn would be pointing to port 65072 thats the default port used by B2BUA application.

you can use below command to create the SIP routes. for.e.g

$Route1 = New-CsStaticRoute -TLSRoute -Destination "vcs.video.com" ā€“Port 65072 -MatchUri "video.com" -UseDefaultCertificate $True

Creating that route by itself wonā€™t really do anything because the routing configuration needs to be updated for the route to be used.  To do this you need to use Set-CsStaticRoutingConfiguration

Also please make sure you check encryption configuration on Lync based on the deployment you are having. if you don't have enhanced ocs collaboration key or one leg is non-encrypted then set the lync encryption to AUTO.

Thanks

Alok

check additional link for this..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3586039#3586039

a nice thread where Andreas cleared lot of things..

Thanks

Alok

Thanks Alok for your help!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: