Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous ringing of two MOVI clients

Here's the config....

MOVI address is    last,first.move@domain.com    for all users

The same account and address is used when logging in to a VCS-Control from the office or a VCS-Expressway from home.

When the user is logged in and using MOVI from his desk and typically leaves without logging out

Then the user goes home and logs in via the VCS-Expressway.

When the user is called from the inside network... it will ring the MOVI client that is registered to the VCS-C (inside) and never ring to the external MOVI client at home.   If we unregister the MOVI client from the VCS-Contril... it will then ring the external MOVI client.

We do NOT have Find Me on our VCSs and we may consider it, however I do not think it would provide simultaneous ringing.

I understand that if we had FindMe... we would need separate addresses for Office and Home like...

last.first.ofice@domain.com

and

last.first.home@domain.com

Can the VCS search rules be written to support true simultaneous ring for two MOVI clients with the same address?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Hi Steven,

I just checked this in lab and it seems that the search rules for the Local Zone and traversal zone on the VCS-C need to have the same priority in order for both clients to ring simultaneously.

The 'downside' of this (compared to having the search rules set at the defafult 50 for Local Zone and 100 for Traversal zone) is that the VCS-C will send more searches towards the VCS-E then it normally would (Searches for aliases which are found in the Local Zone on the VCS-C but not normally found on the VCS-E), but normally this shouldn't be a problem.

As a workaround, you could make a search rule specific to the Movi device URI pattern, apply this search rule to the traversal zone and set the priority for this search rule identical to that of the local zone.If using lastname.firstname.movi@domain.com for your Movi registrations, a matching regex would be

.+\.movi@domain\.com$

The benefit of having this specific search rule (In addition to your existing traversal zone search rule) is that you will see fewer searches hit your Expressway than if you were to modify the priority of the existing traversal zone search rule to match that of the local zone search rule.

If it is the case that your video users tend to use Movi both when in the office and out of office, without logging out their in-office Movi clients when leaving, you probably want to have the same priority for the Local zone and Traversal zone.

Normally this shouldn't occur too often though, since users who do use Movi when in the office, normally do so on a laptop which they bring with them when leaving, removing the possibility of the in-office Movi client still being logged in while the actual user has left.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

12 REPLIES

Re: Simultaneous ringing of two MOVI clients

yes, put both Movi addresses into a single FindMe address and they will both ring when you dial the FindMe address, regardless of where you register th endpoint. You only need to operate FindMe on one of your VCSs.

Not sure you can do this with a CPL script. It definitely works this way with FindMe though, as we use it for our Tech Support team today.

Best regards, Glen

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks for the reply.... however currently we have only a single address not two and we do not have FindMe

I was hoping to find a solution without having to create the complexity of two different addresses and the added cost of FindMe

I do not understand your comment about only needing Find Me on one of the VCS-Controls...

We have three VCS-Controls today in a single cluster running both H.323 and SIP....

Would we need to limit the MOVI users to just that VCS with FindMe on it?

Thanks

My comment about FindMe was more that you don't need it on both the expressway and control. If you have a cluster you need to have FindMe on all them I believe (although it should be you only need to pay for it once, I don't think this is the case, shame as Cisco got this right with call licenses now being shared across a cluster)

You may be able of course to do this with CPL scripts, but I'm unsure.

Personally I don't think that having each Movi peer having its own unique identity is a bad thing, if you need to be able to audit where a call was terminated (for example if you get customer feedback, knowing which agent to give feedback to) then you have to have unique IDs.

Thanks for the reply....... I agree that it would likey only be the VCS Controls and not the Expressways that need the FindMe.

I do like the idea of having different MOVI addresses.... however I'm concerned that it would be more difficult for the users and that they would use the wrong address from their current location..... e.g. last.first.office@domain.com from their home office, I do not want to get into policing that....

If we have an issue we look at the MOVI user in TMS system provisioning and look at the devices and we can see the IP address they last logged in from.

I'm not sure how we would add a second address and how its used....

I assume that we could just add another dial plan configuration in the Provisioning directory of TMS..

How would the user select what address they are to use at time of sign in...

Would I need to create two user profiles... one for each address??

I wonder how others do it.... One published MOVI address on Biz cards and in email signature....then 2 location specific addresses with Find Me making it transparent to the caller????

what is it you are trying to achieve?

A Movi user can use the same address whether in or out of the office, registered to either control or expressway. So long as the Movi client is configured to look at both internal and external VCSs, and you have Provisioning set up correctly across the VCSs it can use the same login regardless.

Cheers, Glen

I want to have the active MOVI client ring when somebody calls me......

This happened to me recently.....

At work I login in as juris.steven.movi@domain.com - This works great from my desk

At 7pm that same night, I login to MOVI at home and it allow me to login even when I did not logout at work.

Multiple logins by a single user is great...... and I can make outbound calls from my MOVI at home.

When somebody tries to call me at 7:30pm that night..... it ran and rang and rang... but I diod not see an icoming call at home.   It was ringing my MOVI at my desk....      I went into the VCS control and unregistered my Office MPOVI client

and then my home MOVI client rang just fine...

I would love to have the VCS/TMS automagically detect what MOVI client is "Active" and send the call there OR if it rang all clients it would be great.....

I understand FindMe and its ability to try a variety of devices like desk or mobile phone or my office 1700 or my MOVI

I really do not need/want that.....  at least no today

I want to have a single MOVI login that I can use wherever I am and have incomming calls ring automagically wherever I'm logged in

Thanks

Gold

Hi Steven,

could you elaborate on how the search rules on the VCS-C have been configured? If these are set up correctly, I'd expect that a call to the Movi user's URI should cause both Movi clients to ring at the same time.

What happens if Movi is logged in both on the VCS-C and VCS-E, and another user registered on the VCS-E calls the Movi URI? Which of the two clients ring in this case?

- Andreas

I agree..... Both to ring at the same time was my understanding/expectation.... Or the one that was detected as "Active" based on latest login or call activity

I have not tried to have an external user attempt the call.... it a good idea to test

I feel that it would ring the VCS-E registered MOVI client

I would feel more confortable sending the screen shot of the seach rules in a private message, rather than posting them

All the rules have "Continue" for the "On Match" setting...... if I read where your going

Thanks

Gold

Hi Steven,

I just checked this in lab and it seems that the search rules for the Local Zone and traversal zone on the VCS-C need to have the same priority in order for both clients to ring simultaneously.

The 'downside' of this (compared to having the search rules set at the defafult 50 for Local Zone and 100 for Traversal zone) is that the VCS-C will send more searches towards the VCS-E then it normally would (Searches for aliases which are found in the Local Zone on the VCS-C but not normally found on the VCS-E), but normally this shouldn't be a problem.

As a workaround, you could make a search rule specific to the Movi device URI pattern, apply this search rule to the traversal zone and set the priority for this search rule identical to that of the local zone.If using lastname.firstname.movi@domain.com for your Movi registrations, a matching regex would be

.+\.movi@domain\.com$

The benefit of having this specific search rule (In addition to your existing traversal zone search rule) is that you will see fewer searches hit your Expressway than if you were to modify the priority of the existing traversal zone search rule to match that of the local zone search rule.

If it is the case that your video users tend to use Movi both when in the office and out of office, without logging out their in-office Movi clients when leaving, you probably want to have the same priority for the Local zone and Traversal zone.

Normally this shouldn't occur too often though, since users who do use Movi when in the office, normally do so on a laptop which they bring with them when leaving, removing the possibility of the in-office Movi client still being logged in while the actual user has left.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Wow... Thank you very much, This allow us to keep the single MOVI address and get simu ringing.

We will add the MOVI specific search rule during our next change window.

Thanks

PS: You can write a CPL script to fork calls. It works.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content