Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

SIP URI dial available for CTS TelePresence Rooms?

Hi, just looking for some clarification and potentially documentation.  We have a lot of video units, a mix of legacy Tandberg equipment and a couple TelePresence endpoints, including a CTS-3000 that I was tinkering with today.  It is running CTS 1.8.1(34).

I have what I hope is a simple question. We have users dialing via SIP URI into the Tandberg video-enabled rooms using Jabber Video and vice-versa, and we have been able to give those Tandberg video-enabled rooms familiar names in the GAL and TMS. This allows us to have a standardized naming convention when users look up the rooms in Exchange.

Example: videoroom1@domain.com can be used as a SIP URI by users to start a directory search and is easier to find than a phone number, like 3145551212@domain.com.

I have been told our CTS-3000, CTS-1000, CTS-500, etc., cannot have SIP URIs assigned besides the phone number. That means we can do 3145551212@domain.com but not videoroom1@domain.com or something easier to remember. Is this correct, or are we able to assign a SIP URI to a CTS unit? If so, how do we do it?

Your assistance is appreciated.

Sarah

Everyone's tags (5)
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SIP URI dial available for CTS TelePresence Rooms?

Hello Sarah

New Cisco Unified Communications System 9.0 supports URI dialing, so that will be possible. CUCS 9.0 should be out this month.

SRND for CUCS 9.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/uc9x.html

Regards

Rafal

Community Member

I know we plan to move to 9, but we just did a full environment upgrade to 8.6 not even a year ago.  It would be awhile until we get there.  I am excited to hear that this feature should be available then!

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Yes, 9.0 will be the big one, SRND is over 1300 pages .

Regards

Rafal

I understand that any phone has primarly an number and a SIP URI as alias.

Do you know when it will be possible to dial out to a SIP URI from a CTS?

Cheers,

Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content