Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have done the videoconferening setup using the following devices

1. VCS starter pack express
2. Router
3. EX90 Endpoint

The EX90 was registered with VCS and is using SIP URI : video@ciscopack.com
The router is doing nat (private to public). I can dialout to external public SIP URI.

My Question - But what configuration required, if someone from other company want to dial
video@ciscopack.com?

Right now i can only dial other SIP, how to make others to dial to my SIP URI

Do i need to put any entries on public dns? If so how? Kindly provide me a detailed 
solution. Appreciate your responses

Regards,
K G P

5 Replies 5

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, you will need DNS records publisher. Take a look at Appendix 2 of the below guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-Basic-Configuration-Control-with-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks! 

I have contacted my ISP to do it, but they redirected to the domain provider. Does any specific rule required on VCS?

Not sure what you mean by specific rule. If its search rule that you are referring to, please look at the configuration guide above where it mentions how to create a search rule and traverse zone on the VCSE. 

Yes VCS search rules. Also can i integrate VCS starter pack with Webex?

Its possible with VCSC/VCSE, not 100% sure about VCS starter pack. You will need a MCU/TS for it to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: