Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VIP Purple

Software Notices on TMS Portal Page

It's been awihle since I've seen it on our TMS, but I noticed in the past when new software was released (C-Series, E20, Movi, etc) that on the front Portal page within TMS it would put an Annoucement type notification to alert you.  I know TMS can get Software Updates and automatically download them as it downloaded the most recent TC 5.x update, and I've seen on a few of our system that haven't been updated yet a notice that there is a new software release to update to.  So I know TMS has some sort of contact with the software update servers at Cisco to pull that data.  Has anyone seen TMS alert them of a new software release on the Portal page, or is is messing up, or just not there anymore?

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

I do not recall having seen alerts for endpoints, but for movi / jabbervideo and tms itsef and some other stuff (like

hd space, ...)

If there are endpoints which lack the latest software I would expect to see a ticket with the

priority defined, which I think by default would be a "warning".

If some systems do not show the latest software it might be a DB issue at Cisco, I had seen that before.

Sure, your TMS must have access to the internet (by default https://secure.tandberg.com/, which is now

a cisco server) to pull the keys and most likely ftp.tandberg.com to download the software..

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

VIP Purple

I can't remember exactly what type of notices it gave, it was sometime last year when I remember seeing it show something on that page, I think it was a new Movi release.  So I can't really say what type of notices it provided, just that it did at least to my knowledge besides that one I mentioned just now.  I did confirm that TMS can connect to the Cisco servers, I deleted the most recent TC software and verified it downloaded the newest update.

Bronze

Hi Patrick, if your TMS server can successfully contact https://secure.tandberg.com/webservices/product/v1.0/Software/SoftwareService_ES as configured in TMS > Administrative Tools > Configuration > Network Settings then the server will show an alert as on when new software update available for the added devices [Ex: endpoints, vcs, mcu] if they have valid service contract and they will also download the respective release key to perform upgrade.

What is the version of your TMS ? there is also manual update option available from TMS version 13.x which can be done from individual device page.

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

Views
Helpful
Replies