Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Room Kit Plus - Microphone

wfchan0414cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

May I know if there is a built-in microphone for spark room kit plus that is for audio communication? I saw in the datasheet it is for speaker tracking.

Thanks.

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Spark Room Kit contains everything in a single unit, but to make room for the quad camera in the Spark Room Kit Plus, the codec had to be broken out as a separate component. Also, because the Spark Room Kit Plus is meant for larger rooms than the Spark Room Kit, it would make sense that external microphones would be needed.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

kim jones
Level 1
Level 1

The built in mic is only for speaker track on the Spark Room Kit Plus.  You have to use external mics for audio on a call!!!!

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The integrated microphones are used for speaker tracking, the Table Microphone 20 (up to 3) are used for participant audio.

Thanks. Do you know any reason behind Cisco that not include a built-in microphone for call? As I know spark room kit does have this built-in microphone, while spark room kit plus doesn't.

The Spark Room Kit contains everything in a single unit, but to make room for the quad camera in the Spark Room Kit Plus, the codec had to be broken out as a separate component. Also, because the Spark Room Kit Plus is meant for larger rooms than the Spark Room Kit, it would make sense that external microphones would be needed.

Can i connect external 3rd party microphone on 2 4-pole microphone inputs of cisco spark kit? Or i can only connect cisco microphone on same ports?

Does spark kit supports inbuilt AEC on microphone input? 

Does sparkkit have phantom power on microphone input?

Supported microphones are the TelePresence Microphone 20, however some have been able to use third-party microphones with Cisco endpoints, the support forums as several threads on this, including this blog: Connect a third party microphone to a Cisco SX20.

Echo control and noise reduction is on all microphone inputs.

12v phantom power for use with the TelePresence Microphone 20 is provided over pin 3 of the 4-pin mini jack.

Hi Dear
I have problem with spark kit plus that is registered CUCM ver 10.5.2

We can hear spark device from remote office but they can not hear us

i can see incoming audi and video on the device web guide what we need to do check ?

Does  spark room kit plus have embedded speaker ?

Does speaker work wireless connection ?

Do i need to configure additional settings for it ?

Thanks

See Table 1 of the Spark Room Kit Plus Data Sheet for the audio output and speaker information.  Make sure you have the cables connected correctly, audio will go out the HDMI cable to your TV, Spark Room Kit Plus Install Guide.