cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standby Timer for an MX200 running TC7.1.1

juriss
Level 1
Level 1

I have a system that is working fine in all respects except the user wants to have the system to go immediately into standby mode after ending a call.

The senario is...

An executive has an MX200 in their personal office and is in a VTC call.
There is someone in the office waiting for the VTC call to end so an in-office meeting can begin.

- Executive presses the "End" button on the 8" touch to terminate the VTC call OR the far end drops the call

- System is set for standby in 1 minute (Range is 1 - 480)

- Executive wants/expects the system to immediately go to a standby mode and have the camera go to the privacy immediatly

We are aware they they can manually force the system to immediate standby by pressing the top left corner of the 8" touch and then press standby
However these two extra steps is not what they want....  they want to press "End" on the 8" touch and then swivel in their chair and start the next in-office meeting with confidence that the MX200 has gone into standby and the camera goes to the privacy position.

I feel that an in-office VTC system has a higher level of "Privacy and Confidentiality" expectation that a VTC system installed in a Conference room.

I guess I'm looking for Cisco to allow me to set the timer to something less than 1 min (e.g. 2 seconds) or a shortcut like... press and hold the end button to force immediate standby.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You used to be able to do this on the old MXP codecs (ie Edge 95 MXP) by pressing the Red Hang-up button on the remote twice.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this on the TC Software based endpoints.

If it's really an important feature for you (rather than just educating your users) that I suggest you log a feature request through your local Cisco Account manager.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Thanks for the reply... I just tested it on an MXP systems and it more like 4 times

In an active call, you press the red key once and it prompts you to confirm...

So when in an active call...  press red key twice and you are returned to the main menu
From the main menu... press red key twice and the system goes to standby immediately.

We have submitted the enhancement request to our account team, however I fear it will be a very low priority....   which is unfortunate since this is for a very high profile person in our organization.

Additional user training is not the issue, its not a training issue, its a "This is how I want it to work issue"

? I wonder if Lifesize or Polycom allows for an extremely short standby time to be set???

SCJ