Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange behavior for a Edge 95 MXP Endpoint

zlxuso2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have a Codec on the client side (Germany), it's a Edge 95 MXP with software version F9.3.1 PAL. Each time when I call from my 150 MXP to it, the Video call is disconnected by that Code after 58 seconds. When I dial the call from that Codec to my 150 MXP, it's fine. Has anybody experienced this kind of situation before?

Thanks,

Jerry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The difference between outbound and inbound is usually a firewall - a stateful firewall will allow the return traffic for any outbound connection, but an inbound connection will need specific rules created to allow the traffic inwards.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These types of issues are usually firewall problems - with either one end or the other not having the right ports open, or not keeping them open while the call is in progress.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

I don't think so --- since I can call this endpoint via SIP protocol, only via H.323 call (inbound) has the strange issue; if make an outgoing call from this endpoint, it's OK. From the log of the endpoint, it shows "Normal Call clearing".

Thanks Wayne!

The difference between outbound and inbound is usually a firewall - a stateful firewall will allow the return traffic for any outbound connection, but an inbound connection will need specific rules created to allow the traffic inwards.

Wayne