cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switchport config to support EX90

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone provide me a sample switch config to support EX90? My customer is telling me thay are having trouble getting the EX90 to see a PC daisy-chained behind it. Can you have the PC on the native vlan and the EX90 on an aux or voice vlan?

3 Replies 3

Ahmed Abdullahi
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you will have to have a vlan for voice and one for data.  Example below puts data on 20 and voice on 30.

!

interface fastethernet 0/21
switchport mode access
Switchport access vlan 20
switchport voice vlan 30
auto qos voip trust
!

Good luck.

AA

Ahmed,

That's prety much what my customer tried in the past, and he is reporting back to me that he is still having issues getting his EX90 to pick up the voice vlan. The EX90 is showing up on the data vlan. Is there a configuration I need to have him do on the EX90 itself? I didn't see anything that stood out in the documentation.

thx,

rob

Hi,

In order for the EX90 to use CDP by default (TC5.0) , provisioning has to be set to CUCM, if they are not using CUCM then they would have to manually set the VLAN to auto (see below).

If CUCM is selected by the user, then xConfiguration Provisioning Mode is automatically set to CUCM and xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode is automatically changed to Auto, and the endpoint begins utilizing CDP to automatically discover its VLAN and begins tagging its packets with the appropriate VLAN ID. The endpoint also begins including DHCP Option 150 in its DHCP requests so that it can automatically discover the ad- dress of the UC Manager TFTP server.

If the xConfiguration Provisioning Mode is set to VCS or Callway, then xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode is left in its default state of Off, and the endpoint will ignore any CDP VLAN advertisements and not tag its packets with any VLAN ID. The endpoint also does not include DHCP Option 150 in its DHCP requests.

For TMS/VCS customers, this behavior preserves the function- ality they had in previous software releases of these endpoints. If CDP is desired, then it may be manually enabled by setting the xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode parameter to Auto. This may be done through the Touch user interface -> Administrator Settings -> Network Settings -> Link Settings, or through the On-Screen Display Menu -> Settings -> Administrator Settings -> Advanced Configuration -> Network 1 -> VLAN Voice Mode, or through the Administration web page UI -> Configuration -> Advanced Configuration -> Network 1 -> VLAN Voice Mode, or via xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode API/CLI command.

For customers who do not have a CDP-capable Ethernet switch, but desire to use 802.1Q VLANs, the xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode parameter may be set to Manual, and the associated xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice ID parameter may be set to the appropriate value.

Once these parameters are set, the settings are saved and are persistent through subsequent reboots. If a user later wishes to change them, they may do so by re-running the Startup Wizard, or by manually setting the parameters individually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: