Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sx-20 serial number

Hello,

I have an SX20 and i don't know what is the correct serial number to register it with a Cisco contract mantenance.

In the box different numbers are available.

• CTS-QSC20-MIC----------- S/N 120........
  • CTS-RMT-TRC5------------ S/N F1A........
  • CTS-PHD1080P4XS2------ S/N FTT1.......
  • CTS-SX20CODEC-K9------ S/N FTT1......

I already know that these numbers correspond to different parts of the equipment, but the box have another serial number of the product:

• CTS-SX20-PHD4X-K9----- S/N FCZ......

Anyone know what is the correct serial number?

Thanks

22 Replies 22

CTS-SX20-12XK9-PRM and CTS-SX20-PHD12X-K9 are the same thing, just different part numbers.  K9 is the replacement for PRM.

eos-eol-notice-c51-731586

Dear all,

Thanks for your response,

Hi Ravi kr.,

Actually, my issue is software version update for  TC6.0... to TC7 on part number (CTS-SX20CODEC). I need to purchase Smartnet service but I can't find in Serial number of whole part.

How can I buy smartnet service for software update?

Do you have any idea for software update, I would like to update as fast as I can.

Please find my attached for device information.

On the other side, also our distributor don't have serial number too. :(

They record wrong no for this device.

Thank you,

Kaung

You should just be able to provide the codec and camera serial numbers to Cisco, and it should appear under the main parent item for them.  That's all we do, is provide our codec serial number, and any camera that was purchased with it is seen a child item under the codec.  All you really need to do is get a support contract for the hardware, providing the codec and camera serials should be enough.

In the mean time, until you get a valid service contract, you can use security advisory cisco-sa-20140926-bash to upgrade your SX20 to TC7.2.1 for free without an active contract, just contact TAC and reference that advisory.

If you look up that serial number on the licencing portal I linked earlier, you will see that the System SN for that unit is FCZ1721F0MZ.  That'd be the number you're after to take out your service contract on.

But, as Patrick has suggested, you can use the Service Advisory linked in his post to request a free upgrade to get you on to the TC7 software.

Note: As from TC6.1 you no longer need a release key - as long as your system has a valid release key from any previous version present, it will run TC6.1+ if installed.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

To add to Wayne's note, after TC6.1, release keys are no longer needed, but a valid service contract is in order to download the software from Cisco's website.

Dear all,

I really appreciate your help and advise.

As my understanding,

Am I right? I can update TC6.0 to TC7.... on that unit but must have under contract.So, I don't have contract. I will contact with my distributor to purchase smartnet service.

In this case.

Our distributor and me don't have serial number of whole system CTS-SX20-12XK9-PRM.

I have physical device, so I can find on device for serial number.

I have serial no for

1. CTS-SX20CODEC-K9

2. CTS-PHD1080P12XS2

How can I find for Serial number of CTS-SX20-12XK9-PRM and where is located on hardware or carton box?

**My issue is just want to update TC6 to TC7 software update.

Thank you,

Kaung

1) Yes: to upgrade your device, you need an active service contract - and will need to purchase one from your vendor for future upgrades.

2) As per the Security Advisory linked by Patrick - you are entitled to a "free" upgrade, without a service contract if you contact the TAC and reference that advisory.

3) The Serial Number for the whole package you purchased is FCZ1721F0MZ.  I mentioned how to find this, and the serial number in my previous posts.

So, my suggestion - for right now.  Follow point 2 above.  For future, contact your vendor (point 1) with the serial number (point 3).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

To be pedantic, not just a "Valid" service contract, but it need to be an "Active" service contract.  Small difference in the Cisco back end that will affect whether you are entitled or not.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: