Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX-20 TCNC6.2.0 to TC 7.1.4

Hi,

We have 8 SX-20s installed in verious meeting rooms. I have upgraded most of them to latest tc7.1.4, all went well except one unit restared and showing "Missing Release Key" error MSG (image Attached). It also became unavailable on LAN. Following a post I did factory reset (Hold power button 10 sec and pressing P/W button twice) and it is still unavailable on LAN. Following another post I went to www.cisco.com/go/license and found this unit came with tcnc6.2.0. My question is, is there any way to downgrade the system FW to tcnc6.2.0 in a situation where the device is not contactable through network (LAN)? 

Regards

Jimi

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
VIP Green

If your device is covered by

If your device is covered by an active service contract you should be able to retrieve a licence key for whichever version you like from the cisco licencing portal: http://www.cisco.com/go/licence.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne,Thanks for your

Dear Wayne,

Thanks for your reply. This device is not having any active contract right now. Is it possible to downgrade it to  tcnc6.2.0 and keep using before renewal of service contact?

Regards

Jimi

VIP Green

Yes, if you still have the

Yes, if you still have the old software you can re-install it on to the SX20 to return it to the previous version... if you haven't overwritten it (with a 2nd upgrade), it's likely still on the device.  You'll just need to use the "systemtools selectsw" command (logged in to the CLI as "admin"), or the Maintenance > Software Recorvery Swap item on the TC7 web interface to swap back to the previous software.

Or, contact the TAC, and reference the latest security advisory (http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20140605-openssl) to get a "free" upgrade to TC7.1.4 as per the "customers without service contracts" section.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--

Whoops, missed this post

Whoops, missed this post

Hi Jimi,Technically, you

Hi Jimi,

Technically, you could upgrade to TC7.1.4 as this fixes more OpenSSL bugs (beyond HeartBleed)  even out of a maintenance contract, all you need to do is ask Cisco TAC and point to bug CSCup25163 - Multiple Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL - June 2014.

I often find that a failed upgrade is worth running again.

Cheers

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content