cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

SX 20 with Cisco Call Manager

Dear Team,

If I have to add the SX20 with Cisco Call Manager, do I need the install the cmterm-s52010tc6_2_1.cop.sgn software on SX20. If not then what I have to do, I can see only external manager field in my SX20, where I have given my callmanager IP address but it is not registering.

BR

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: SX 20 with Cisco Call Manager

Hi,

In order to register SX20 to CUCM you must to have CUCM version 8.6.2 or later, and your SX20 must to be running TC5 version or later.

This file you mentioned, cmterm-s52010tc6_2_1.cop.sgn, is just a upgrade file that you install on CUCM, so that CUCM can upgrade your SX20 endpoint automatically. But you can upgrade your SX20 manually using the file s52010tc6_2_1.pkg.

To get help on how to register SX20 to CUCM, take a look at these guides with name "Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM". Check the guide according to the version of CUCM you are running:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11424/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Dont mean to hijack the thread but in UCM, under the device itself, there is a drop down for Web Access- Change that to enabled. Its under Device -> Phones -> Your SX20. 

Please rate useful posts.

5 REPLIES

Re: SX 20 with Cisco Call Manager

Hi,

In order to register SX20 to CUCM you must to have CUCM version 8.6.2 or later, and your SX20 must to be running TC5 version or later.

This file you mentioned, cmterm-s52010tc6_2_1.cop.sgn, is just a upgrade file that you install on CUCM, so that CUCM can upgrade your SX20 endpoint automatically. But you can upgrade your SX20 manually using the file s52010tc6_2_1.pkg.

To get help on how to register SX20 to CUCM, take a look at these guides with name "Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM". Check the guide according to the version of CUCM you are running:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11424/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
Community Member

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for response. We have call manager 9.1 and SX20 version 6.1. In SX20 web interface we have the option to put the external manager IP address or domian name, but there is no option to define the CUCM as provisioing mode.

Kindly advise.

Community Member

Hi Thanks paulo, I am able to registered the SX 20 to Call Manager but now after registering to call manager I am not able to access the SX20 through Web page.

Kindly advise if you can.

Dont mean to hijack the thread but in UCM, under the device itself, there is a drop down for Web Access- Change that to enabled. Its under Device -> Phones -> Your SX20. 

Community Member

Hi George,

Actaullay I was already enabled, We have hard reset the unit and now it is working.

Thanks for your response.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content