Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX 20 with dynamic NAT

hello everyone

can someone can answer me one question

Does SX20 support dynamic NAT? i have a customer there have only one ip to internet , they want use SX20 call another company through internet.

but i'm not sure the SX20 can do it...

2 REPLIES

Re: SX 20 with dynamic NAT

Hi,

Yes, SX20 does support H323 NAT configuration. You can configure SX20 to use public NAT address, so that you will be able to sucessfully communicate to internet through a NAT/Firewall device. And you can set the NAT mode to be "Auto", that means, SX20 will use NAT address only to communicate with public endpoints, and when communicating internally, SX20 won't use the NAT address.

Just to give you some reference:

Page 64 - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc6/administration_guide/sx20-quickset-administrator-guide-tc62.pdf

I hope this answer your question.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

SX 20 with dynamic NAT

Yes and no.

bo: what do you understand under "dynamic nat"?

Auto still requires to have the external public ip set up on the endpoint.

You can also not generate the settings automatically, so you need a static mapping for the needed ports

on the firewall to the endpoint. But as long as the ports are availble you can just make a static forward for

the needed.

In general it is for H.323:

• Q.931 call Setup: Port 1720 (TCP)
  • H.245(Static): Port Range 5555-6555 (TCP)
  • Video*: Port Range 2326-2485 (UDP)
  • Audio*: Port Range 2326-2485 (UDP)
  • Data/FECC*: Port Range 2326-2485 (UDP)

*Configurable by "RTP Ports Range Start" and "RTP Ports Range Stop"

I never tried what it is about but maybe looking further into the following two parameters could be interesting,

upnp can be used for a couple of things, incl automatic port forwarding, but no clue which feature sets are supported

and how well it works:

xperimental NetworkServices UPnP Mode

NOTE: This Experimental command can be used 'as is' and will not be further documented. The Experimental settings WILL change.

Requires user role: ADMIN
Value space:
Example: Experimental NetworkServices UPnP Mode: Off

Experimental NetworkServices UPnP Timeout

NOTE: This Experimental command can be used 'as is' and will not be further documented. The Experimental settings WILL change.

Requires user role: ADMIN
Value space: <0..3600>
Example: Experimental NetworkServices UPnP Timeout: 0

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content