Views
Helpful
Replies

SX 80 Questions

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have some questions regarding the SX80 Codec.

1. How can the requirement of the Cisco touch panel be shut off if the codec will be used in a room with a Crestron Touch Panel?

2. Is there an optional remote control available for the SX80 in case a client doesn't want a Cisco Touch Panel?  If yes, how can it be activated?

3. Does the SX80 codec ship with a factory default IP address and User Name/Password for easy initial access to the units settings?

Thanks for your help and time answering my questions above. DK

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To answer your questions

1. You can with a C series codec (as Patrick Mentioned) and with an SX20, so I'd guess that you probably can with an SX80 too - I haven't got one handy to check at the moment.
  2. No - there are no remote control options available for the SX80 - only the Touch.
  3. It ships with DHCP enabled and the IP address is visible from the menus - the default username/password combination is the same as for other Cisco endpoints (either admin/TANDBERG or admin/blank).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just a heads up, I found this in the TC release note for TC7.1.4 dated June 19th.

"AMX/Crestron integrators can now remove the "Touch Panel required" warning on SX80"

tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have a SX80, but going off past experiences with other codecs:

1. We do that with our current C Series that are controlled with Crestron, non of them have Cisco touch panels in use.  Unless they did something different with the SX80, I'd presume you should be able to do the same.
  2. Interesting, just looked the datasheet over, and it doesn't mention anything about a remote control?
  3. Codecs should ship with DHCP enabled, just connect the codec to a display and you should be able to see the IP when it starts, might have to navigate through the menu or touch panel to find it.  Default password is usually "admin" with a blank password I believe.

As I said, I don't have an SX80, so I'm kind of guessing from previous experience with C Series codecs.

Thanks for the answers Patrick,

There's an API command that needs to be used to dis-engage the touch panel error message from the Codec, if being used with a Crestron, it's in the api guide.  I Still don't know about an optional remote? Defaulted DHCP makes sense and I just wanted to verify the admin/blank password carries onto the SX80 series codec also.  Thanks again for replying back to me.

Try to answer best I could.  I could understand why there might not be a remote, since the SX80 is meant to be an integrators codec, however a remote is almost always a good thing to keep around as the control system or whatever connected might fail or have issues.  I agree with you, it would be good to get an answer on the use of a remote.

If they do change the default admin login, I'd hope they'd document it somewhere, but only time will tell as new codecs get released and we try to deploy them.  :)

Hi

The issue with the "Touch Panel Required" Warning message can now be removed with the xconfig: xConfiguration Peripherals Profile TouchPanels: 0

This config was introduced in TC7.1.4.

Remote control is not supported for SX80 only touch as Wayne already has mentioned. Same with the  username/password. The default is admin/<blank pw>. Cisco recommends changing the admin password as soon as possible after deployment.

/Magnus

Thank you Magnus,

We installed an AMX control system and wanted to remove the error so thanks for this.

Kind Regards

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To answer your questions

1. You can with a C series codec (as Patrick Mentioned) and with an SX20, so I'd guess that you probably can with an SX80 too - I haven't got one handy to check at the moment.
  2. No - there are no remote control options available for the SX80 - only the Touch.
  3. It ships with DHCP enabled and the IP address is visible from the menus - the default username/password combination is the same as for other Cisco endpoints (either admin/TANDBERG or admin/blank).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just a heads up, I found this in the TC release note for TC7.1.4 dated June 19th.

"AMX/Crestron integrators can now remove the "Touch Panel required" warning on SX80"

tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

Looks like the issue is back with CE8.3.0.... I see information "Touch panel Required" after upgrade although I have Profile - TouchPanels : 0.....:-/

I've confirmed the issue appears to have come back, even with it set to "0", the message doesn't go away.  You should contact TAC and bring it up to their attention so it can be addressed.

Hello,

We have the same issue with CE8.3.1 showing the TouchPanel Required error message despite setting the TouchPanel to "0" or "NotSet" using the GUI and in code with AMX.

How do I escalate this to create a ticket with Cisco?

Thanks

Ben

No escalation required - Bug CSCvd11577 had been raised.