Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

sx10 auto focus not working

I have an SX10 I am evaluating for rollout but the unit I purchased does not focus properly. When auto focus is enabled, it tries to focus for several seconds, then stops before completing the focus. I tried setting it to manual focus but there is no obvious manual focus mechanism on the device.

Is the SX10 I have faulty or is there some trick to getting the auto focus feature to completely focus instead of the current half focus it does.

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hello Dave -I have an SX10 in

Hello Dave -

I have an SX10 in my office and I haven't seen anything wrong with it not focusing correctly on me.  Is there anything, even the littlest thing between the camera and yourself that is in the view of the camera that it could be focusing on instead?  For instance, mine is sitting on top of a table, and if I have the camera pointed down far enough to where it sees the table top, it will pick up and focus in on the edge of the table and not me that is farther away in the image.

VIP Green

What software version are you

What software version are you running on your SX10?

TC7.2.0 is the minimum software requirement for SX10.

SX10 systems that are already on TC7.1.x should upgrade to TC7.2.0. After the upgrade has been
completed the system can no longer be downgraded to TC7.1.x. There is a mechanism that prevents
the system from downgrading to TC7.1.x once on TC7.2.x.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Views
Helpful
Replies