Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 call type scenario

Hi all,

does anyone know if the SX10 need a sip registar (CUCM or VCS) to do any call? 

for example I my customer need only 2 SX10,  does he need a also a cucm or vcs for do  a call between them? 

otherwise, can I do a call between them only with ip address without any sip registar?   like 2 sx20 ..
thanks in advance,
Carlo

32 Replies 32

"You have configured Static NAT ( PublicIP pointed to PrivateIP) on the SX20 side right ?  So call from MXP to SX20 was not working."

Correct.

"In the SX20 side on Sip profile  - SIP URL field ,  You have added something like sx20@privateip ?"

No, didn't have time to change too many configs as was testing from home using two live systems located in different cities and countries - and as the SX20 is normally registered with our VCS-E, NAT'ing is not an issue for us.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

I would like to clarify one more thing , How much is the bandwidth requirement on WAN for a single Point to Point video call from SX10 to SX10 ?

In the datasheet its mentioned ,

Bandwidth : Up to 3 Mbps

Minimum bandwidth for resolution/frame rate :

720p30 from 768 kbps

1080p30 from 1472 kbps

Iam planning to request Public IPs and how much bandwidth i have to request from SP ?

You have to request bandwidth regarding quality you need.

Note that what is mentionned in the data sheet is about a video call

If you share data during a call, the video quality will be reduced.

So in my opinion for a good experience, purchase at least a 1 Mb link.

Hi...

I have 4 sx10 and 2 sx20, of which I only register a single sx 20, I check the call manager and I do not find any error

Hi...

I have 4 sx10 and 2 sx20, of which only I register a single sx 20, I check the call manager and I do not find any error, that may be happening

this may help you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12380346/sx10-behind-firewall

Im in a similar scenario but I have VPNs between 3 sties and no problem calling from sx10 to sx10 just with local lan IP

the trouble is if a want to call to another company over SIP without registration

Hi royescobar

I have same scenario as yours, 3 VPNs and plaining to install one SX10 in each site.

I don't have unit yet then don't have idea how to set it up for local ip.

Can you give me more specified information?

and its possible all 3 go in conference?

Thank you

From the documentation it looks like they only supports multipoint calls via Media Resource Group List on CUCM - I'm trying to get this working at the moment without much success.

Hi,

this works using conductor and vTS. What versions and infrastructure are you using?

Hi Netflamez,

Please try like this and maybe it work

Add a NAT rule on you firewall 1:1 (public to private)

Also open

• TCP and UDP ports from 2326 to 2486 (media ports)
  • TCP 5060

Note that you can not activate NAT on SX10 as for SX20 and other EP you activate NAT in H323 section. However in my experience, it is not always necessary to activate the NAT on endpoint.

Regarding how to call Davidhouska comment 2 months ago and confirm that you can call using IP address.

However on SIP profile you can use alias@public_IP

Regards

Salim

If you register that ip to a public dns you won't have that problem
i've tested whatever@ip and it does not work but whatever@domain works ok

the problem is to get the call, I use a one to one nat, I waste one public ip to test the sx10 incomming call

without using call control, is it possible to do point to multi-point calls within the same enterprise between SX-10, SX-20, SX-80 units?

It's possible, the multipoint conference would need to be hosted by either the SX20 or SX80, and host endpoint would need to have the Multisite option key installed.  To connect to the conference, the host endpoint can either dial out to each participant, or the participants can dial into the host.

what means in (room#1) or it can be ant word?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: