Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SX10 call type scenario

Hi all,

does anyone know if the SX10 need a sip registar (CUCM or VCS) to do any call? 

for example I my customer need only 2 SX10,  does he need a also a cucm or vcs for do  a call between them? 

otherwise, can I do a call between them only with ip address without any sip registar?   like 2 sx20 ..
thanks in advance,
Carlo

31 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hello Carlo -Yes, as the SX10

Hello Carlo -

Yes, as the SX10 is a SIP only codec, it will need a SIP registrar such as CUCM or VCS.  If it were H323 (which it's not), than you could accomplish what you'd like and call each other directly.

Wouldn't you be able to call

Wouldn't you be able to call public IP addresses with a prefix, the same way you can call IP addresses using a SIP client like JabberVideo? I.e. if the IP address is 123.45.6.78, you'd call something like sx@123.45.6.78? Or has this unit been hobbled so it can only be used with a CUCM or VCS?

Bit unfair if it has, considering a very reasonably priced end-point then becomes not so affordable after all.sad

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

VIP Purple

I don't have one, working on

I don't have one, working on getting on though.  :(

The data sheet shows it's SIP only and registers with with CUCM or VCS.  If it were registered, then yeah, one could call prefix@IP without issues, I've done that before on many cases with other endpoints.  Though can't remember the reason they made it SIP only, leaving H323 out.

With the SX20 you can call

With the SX20, with H.323 turned off, you can call stand-alone SIP systems using prefix@IP without it being registered to a SIP proxy such as a CUCM or VCS. (I just did it now to confirm I wasn't dreaming angel). So, in view of this, I would think it would be possible to this with an SX10 as well, unless Cisco has restricted it somehow.

As for being SIP only, guess it's cheaper/less complex, to make a single-stack system rather than a dual-stack system - and we know Cisco wants users to move away from H.323 - as one of the Cisco guys stated in this forum not too long ago.

/jens

jensthat will be nice since

jens

that will be nice since am looking at deploying one to a client soon,

meaning with the prefix@ip it discovers the endpoints as a SIP device.

thanks

Hello,I have the same

Hello,

I have the same scenario, where 2 SX10 will be calling each other.

Has anyone performed the test to use the SX10 without registering it with any registrar (CUCM or VCS)?

Regards

Hi,I try with SX10 not

Hi,

I try with SX10 not registered to any VCS or CUCM and it work.

Like evoqued by Jens you just have to call prefix@IP.

Note that you have to go in Configuration to SIP, Profile 1 and add the prefix@IP in the URI field.

Regards

Salim

HiDon't you try other SIP

Hi

Don't you try other SIP setting? (Proxy 1 address,Type,DefaultTransport, etc)

Regards

Hi,If you meen register the

Hi,

If you meen register the SX10 to a SIP registrar, yes I try and it work.

In my case I register to a VCS Control.

Regards

Salim

My question is  poorI mean

My question is  poor

I mean using SX10 without  SIP registrator 

I wonder the detail of prefix@IP and other setting smiley

OkOn SIP, let all settings as

Ok

On SIP, let all settings as default and in URI add prefix@IP

Prefix = what you want (ex. room#1)

IP = IP address of the SX10

Hope it help.

Salim

@ Ayodeji OkanlawonHi  ,I

Hi  ,

I have similar scenario, I would like to have your help for some clarification.

We do not have CUCM or VCS. Attached is my Topology.

As you said that it should work with sip in format of prefix@public-ip ,  even with out any sip-registrar like CUCM and VCS.

Is it possible through internet ( prefix@public-ip ) ? Is there any drawback like Oneway Audio or Codec issues ?

You comments regarding this Will be Appreciated.Attached my topology

It will work fine with

It will work fine with systems which has a true public IP address, however, in your case, both systems are NAT'ed, so that might pose a problem. You may have to play around with the SIP ANAT settings in the codec.

Just gave it a quick try between a NAT'ed SX20 and a MXP system with a true public IP address; and as expected, it worked fine calling from SX20 to the MXP, but, again as I expected, not from the MXP to the SX20. Mind you, this is with NAT turned off on the SX20. The SX20 in question has a static NAT route.

/jens

You have configured Static

You have configured Static NAT ( PublicIP pointed to PrivateIP) on the SX20 side right ?  So call from MXP to SX20 was not working.

in the SX20 side on Sip profile  - SIP URL field ,  You have added something like sx20@privateip ?

"You have configured Static

"You have configured Static NAT ( PublicIP pointed to PrivateIP) on the SX20 side right ?  So call from MXP to SX20 was not working."

Correct.

"In the SX20 side on Sip profile  - SIP URL field ,  You have added something like sx20@privateip ?"

No, didn't have time to change too many configs as was testing from home using two live systems located in different cities and countries - and as the SX20 is normally registered with our VCS-E, NAT'ing is not an issue for us.

/jens

I would like to clarify one

I would like to clarify one more thing , How much is the bandwidth requirement on WAN for a single Point to Point video call from SX10 to SX10 ?

In the datasheet its mentioned ,

Bandwidth : Up to 3 Mbps

Minimum bandwidth for resolution/frame rate :

720p30 from 768 kbps

1080p30 from 1472 kbps

Iam planning to request Public IPs and how much bandwidth i have to request from SP ?

You have to request bandwidth

You have to request bandwidth regarding quality you need.

Note that what is mentionned in the data sheet is about a video call

If you share data during a call, the video quality will be reduced.

So in my opinion for a good experience, purchase at least a 1 Mb link.

Hi...

Hi...

I have 4 sx10 and 2 sx20, of which I only register a single sx 20, I check the call manager and I do not find any error

Hi...

Hi...

I have 4 sx10 and 2 sx20, of which only I register a single sx 20, I check the call manager and I do not find any error, that may be happening

this may help youhttps:/

this may help you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12380346/sx10-behind-firewall

Im in a similar scenario but I have VPNs between 3 sties and no problem calling from sx10 to sx10 just with local lan IP

the trouble is if a want to call to another company over SIP without registration

Hi royescobarI have same

Hi royescobar

I have same scenario as yours, 3 VPNs and plaining to install one SX10 in each site.

I don't have unit yet then don't have idea how to set it up for local ip.

Can you give me more specified information?

and its possible all 3 go in conference?

Thank you

From the documentation it

From the documentation it looks like they only supports multipoint calls via Media Resource Group List on CUCM - I'm trying to get this working at the moment without much success.

Hi,this works using conductor

Hi,

this works using conductor and vTS. What versions and infrastructure are you using?

Hi Netflamez,Please try like

Hi Netflamez,

Please try like this and maybe it work

Add a NAT rule on you firewall 1:1 (public to private)

Also open

• TCP and UDP ports from 2326 to 2486 (media ports)
  • TCP 5060

Note that you can not activate NAT on SX10 as for SX20 and other EP you activate NAT in H323 section. However in my experience, it is not always necessary to activate the NAT on endpoint.

Regarding how to call Davidhouska comment 2 months ago and confirm that you can call using IP address.

However on SIP profile you can use alias@public_IP

Regards

Salim

If you register that ip to a

If you register that ip to a public dns you won't have that problem
i've tested whatever@ip and it does not work but whatever@domain works ok

the problem is to get the

the problem is to get the call, I use a one to one nat, I waste one public ip to test the sx10 incomming call

without using call control,

without using call control, is it possible to do point to multi-point calls within the same enterprise between SX-10, SX-20, SX-80 units?

VIP Purple

It's possible, the multipoint

It's possible, the multipoint conference would need to be hosted by either the SX20 or SX80, and host endpoint would need to have the Multisite option key installed.  To connect to the conference, the host endpoint can either dial out to each participant, or the participants can dial into the host.

Hi Carlo,I just tested SX10

Hi Carlo,

I just tested SX10 yesterday without CUCM or VCS registration and point-to-point calls inside LAN are working fine...

So you just dial IP addresses same way as you dial it from not registered C-series or MXP series codec.

I did not tested calls through firewall to public IPs but I guess the behaviour will be same as SX20 etc.

Regards,
David

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content