Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SX20 camera cable

We need to use a longer than standard camera cable for SX20. We want to use a Cisco Split cable ( separate female HDMI and RJ 45 ) and 10m HDMI and FTP cables. Unfortunatelly I have found no information about FTP cable pinout. It is a straight or cross cable ? We tried a straight cable and we have no data communication between camera and codec through remote control. I know that pin 3 and 7 are used for data.
Is it mandatory to use a power supply for camera in our case ( 10m cable ) ?I have to add that the camera - powered by data cable - is OK.
Any help is welcome !
Thank you !

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

12 REPLIES
VIP Purple

SX20 camera cable

Hello Valentin -

Question has been asked many times here in the forums, here are a few of those discussions that might help you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3862127

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3847335

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4075089

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3992337

Did you manage to find what

Did you manage to find what the pin outs should be? I've been reading the forums for a while now and have yet to find them.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Richard,I better way of

Hi Richard,

I better way of using long cable for SX20 camera is to use the supplied camera cable ( 3m with special connector to the codec and HDMI and RJ45 connectors to the camera ) and to attached HDMI-HDMI and straight LAN cable to it using female-female HDMI-HDMI and RJ45-RJ45 adapters. Depending of the cables' length you will need external power supply for the camera. All documentation shows that the external power supply is mandatory for longer cables even I use additional 10m HDMI and LAN cables and it works fine without external power supply.

I hope that clarify the situation.

Valentin

Thanks for getting back to me

Thanks for getting back to me Valentin, I am using the Y Splitter with HDMI to HDMI and straight throught RJ45 (5m cable). The camera gets power and video is transmitted but i am not able to control the camera and the web interface on the SX20 shows it as having no camera connected.

If i use the short proprietary cable provided then the camera works fine, but this isn't long enough.

On some of the posts i read it suggests it needs a different PIN out on the RJ45 but it doesnt say what is required

Thanks again,

Richard

VIP Purple

You don't mention the exact y

You don't mention the exact y-cable you're using, if it's either CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS or CAB-PHD4XS2-SPLIT, the pin-outs for both cables are on pgs 19-20 of the PrecisionHD Camera Guide.

I'm using 2x CAB-PHD4XS2

I'm using 2x CAB-PHD4XS2-SPLIT - i have been reading that document but its not overly clear, not to me at least.

I am assuming i need to make a cable as follows

End AEnd B

To confirm the above PIN out

To confirm the above PIN out works, I am now able to control the camera via the touchpad.

Thanks,

Richard

Any luck with this?  I cannot

Any luck with this?  I cannot control the camera when using the extender cables on the sx20.

VIP Green

For short distances, this

For short distances, this should be OK, especially if you use a decent quality cable.  If you use bad/cheap cable, the voltage drop can be too much over the length of the cable to work correctly.

Another alternative is to use some third party extenders such as these: Vaddio OneLink or these: Sound Control Technologies RC4

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

I made a cable with the above

I made a cable with the above PIN outs in my previous post and that works fine.

Did you manage to find what the pin outs should be? I've been reading the forums for a while now and have yet to find them.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks in Advance

Views
Helpful
Replies