cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Codec w/ CTS-PHD-1080P12XS - Standby(Privacy Position)

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I have a client with a SX20 Codec with a CTS-PHD-1080P12XS in one location, and in the other location they have an SX20 with a CTS-PHD1080P4XS2.

The site with the 4X camera when they have the camera go into Standby, the camera moves and the screen turns blank and the LED on the front of the camera switches to blinking.

The site with the 12X camera when they have the camera go into Standby, the camera moves and the screen turns blank and the LED on the front of the camera NEVER goes to blinking.

The concern for the client is that the camera/codec is not going into Standby properly.

The site that is not going into blinking when entering standby is running TC5.1.2.289652.

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the behavior between the two cameras in the way they go into Standby? Should I be seeing both of them turn to the side and start blinking?

Thanks,

Ron            

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ron,

Its fine. We are all new to a field at some point of time :-).

I believe I am familiar with the issue you are facing. As you mentioned that the camera shows self view within one second after going into standby. I have come across this issue 2-3 times now. It has been found to be a problem with the remote control as it sends a command to the codec to go into standby and then immediately wakes it up.

Can you try to send the standby command using the API :

xCommand Standby Activate

Give this command and check if the camera shows self view in 1 second as you mentioned and let us know. It might be the issue with your remote controller.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Amlesh Sengar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ron,

I am not sure about the blinking of led lights in front of camera however you can check if both the codecs have configuration of camera standby action set as privacy.

In case the configuration is set as privacy , the camera on both the codecs must go to privacy mode.

Thanks,

Amlesh

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

So to further this I decided to RMA the camera because the customer added that it stays on constantly and appears to overheat.  The behavior is when it's suppose to go into standby it swings to the privacy position for about a second, and they swing backs forward and the screen goes into self view.

I'm going to try and pull the configuration guide on the SX20 to see if there is some option for automatic self view when going into standby, but as it stands right now with the merging of the Tandberg and Cisco's sites and information is slightly limited.

Any thoughts?

Hi Ron,

I am not sure what you're trying to achieve. This thread was related to standby positions on the camera and the default behavior of the codec for the camera position when it wakes up from Standby. If you are referring to activating the self view as soon as the codec goes into standby, then yes you are right, this feature is not available yet. Using the Standby and Wake up actions, you can just decide what would be the camera position when the codec wakes up. The Wake up position could be any of these :

xConfiguration Standby WakeupAction:

However, you can permanently enable self view using the following command :

xConfiguration Video Selfview: On

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Mubashshir,

The reason I opened the thread was "The concern for the client is that the camera/codec is not going into Standby properly", with that said after RMA'ing the camera I noticed that the camera is continuing to stay in self-view after Standby has been selected.  You'll have to excuse me, as I am very new to Telepresence line of products, so if it sounds like I'm unsure as to my question, your probably correct.

With that said, the reason I was asking the default behavior was to ascertain if the camera was defective, as I thought it was strange that a 4x and 12x camera would operate differently under the same Standby scenario, using the same model of codec.  After the client mentioned that when they hit standby it would swing to the privacy setting for 1 second and then back to self view almost immediately, and that to the touch the camera appeared to be overheating it seemed as the camera itself may have been defective, but the replacement unit exhibited the same behavior, so I'm ruling out the camera.

I appreciate your feedback and will give your recommendation a try, thanks again for your help!

Hi Ron,

Its fine. We are all new to a field at some point of time :-).

I believe I am familiar with the issue you are facing. As you mentioned that the camera shows self view within one second after going into standby. I have come across this issue 2-3 times now. It has been found to be a problem with the remote control as it sends a command to the codec to go into standby and then immediately wakes it up.

Can you try to send the standby command using the API :

xCommand Standby Activate

Give this command and check if the camera shows self view in 1 second as you mentioned and let us know. It might be the issue with your remote controller.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Mubashshir,

What you recommended above proved to work correctly, so we issued an RMA on the remote and it has since resolved the issue.

Thanks again!

Ron