Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 - How to configure hostname?

SupportAC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i have an autonomous SX20 (not gatekeeper registration) which i´m using to call differente end devices (Polycom and LifeSize) via H.323.

The thing is ... how can i configure this device hostname so the other end devices see that info when they received a new call instead of the SX20 ip address?

I´ve tried everything but it´s not working  >_<

Thanks in advance.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Soporte -

Do you have the system name filled in?

System Configuration > SystemUnit > Name

Or H323 ID?

System Configuration > H323 > H323Alias > ID

Note:  When H323 ID is used, system name gets overridden.

Hi,

yes, systemUnit is set, and i´ve put the same value in the H323Alias but the other devices are seeing only the IP Address.

Maybe it´s a problem in those other devices (if the Polycom calls the LifeSize they see each others name correctly), but i´d like to be sure that my part is ok.

Thanks for your answer.

Btw, we´ve even tried to call from one SX20 to another SX20 and the issue is still there (only the IP address is shown).

Hi,

Do you guys have a gatekeeper in betweeen? Without Gatekeeper, you would only see the IP address.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Oh, i didn´t know that. So an intermediate gatekeeper is mandatory?

We do not have one.

I thought it was possible because the LifeSize Telepresence device is not using a gatekeeper and it shows its hostname.

Thanks a lot

On Individual devices, it would show its own name but during the point to point call - It will show only IP address as Gatekeeper is the device which faciliates the conversion of IP address into alias/E164# /H323 ID etc.

So, if you dont have Gatekeeper - I Dont think you would be able to see system name on the machines.

Hope this helps.

Please rate the answer if it helps.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi,

ok, thanks.

We´ve tried different options with strange outcomes:

- H.323 direct call with H.323Alias ID --> If we put a number it shows the number. If we put a text it shows the IP.

- H.323 multiconference with H.323AliasID --> It always shows the IP

- Using SIP direct call it shows the hostname correctly (but we need H.323 for multiconference).

Does it make any sense for you guys?

Thanks