Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 INSTALLATION

Ahmed Yassin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CUCM 8.6.2.21900-5, and i installed cmterm-s52010tc7_0_1.cop.sgn to register my sx20 on the CUCM, but, after installation and restart the CUCM; i didn't find yet the phone type sx20 in the drop menu as shown in the attached photo.Phone Type.jpg

So, what else can be done to register my sx20 on the CUCM.                

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ahmed,

you also need to restart your TFTP service after installing the requested device pack.

View solution in original post

That looks like you don't have enough privileges assigned to your CCO account to enable you to download that file.  You'll need further rights to grab that file - you can try adding your service contract details to your CCO account with the Profile Manager.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

you need to install Device pack device pack 8.6.2 (23047) on CUCM in order to add sx20 as native device on CUCM

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283782839&flowid=26422&softwareid=282074299&release=8.6(2.23071)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hi Amit,

You mean to upgrade the CUCM itsself even mine is 8.6.2.21900-5 and all docs say that sx20 can register to 8.6 and latter

Hi Ahmed,

try the device pack cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.22038-1.cop.sgn on CUCM and then check if you get SX20 under phone type.

I try to install it, but, i can't as shown in the attached photo

That looks like you don't have enough privileges assigned to your CCO account to enable you to download that file.  You'll need further rights to grab that file - you can try adding your service contract details to your CCO account with the Profile Manager.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Ahmed,

you also need to restart your TFTP service after installing the requested device pack.

Thx a lot, done now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: