Views
Helpful
Replies

sx20 internet video call with cucm

hani hoseen
Level 1
Level 1

is this a possible scenario ?

SX20 (Sip) --->CUCM ----->Internet Video Party ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you want to use Jabber for Windows for , you just need Expressway C/E. You will need Rich media session licenses for each concurrent video call you need to make to another business eg to cisco or whatever. No licenses needed for voice/video call within your organization. Its pretty straightforward IMO. 

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

It is not possible unless you open ports on the firewall. Ideally you would need a Expressway in between CUCM and internet to get it to work.

i can  dedicate a public ip (with all its ports ) to the CUCM if it will work !

what dial pattern should i use for this to work (no specific domain - call to any domain)

On second thought, with CUCM i dont think it will even work. You could actually have the SX20 dial out directly but that is about it. Is there a reason why you cant do Expressway C/E since its free?

no specific reason
i am just unfamiliar with the telepresence products.
i forgot to mention that i have to add jabber video clients,  do i need another server for this (beside the CUCM and the EXPRESSWAY C/E)?

Thanks

If you want to use Jabber for Windows for , you just need Expressway C/E. You will need Rich media session licenses for each concurrent video call you need to make to another business eg to cisco or whatever. No licenses needed for voice/video call within your organization. Its pretty straightforward IMO. 

you are referring to Expressway-C/E not the VCS-C/E ,right??

are they two servers C and E or one server ?

also is this the EXPRESSWAY C/E you mentioned :

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286255326&flowid=50162&softwareid=280886992&release=X8.1.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Thanks

Correct, not VCS-C/E. They are two separate servers, Expressway C sits in the internal LAN, Expressway E in the DMZ/External. 

That is the correct link,

Thank you very much
i just tested this scenario
for local video cals
SX20 (Sip) --->CUCM ----->Local Video Party

for internet video calls
SX20 (H323) --->Internet Video Party

and it is working good

The only issue is that i can change the calling protocol from the web interface only (but i cant change it from the remote) any ideas ?

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: