Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 network port not working, how to upgrade software

muazam ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

i have sx20 i want to upgrade the software of device but problem is network port is not working, is there any other way to upgrade the software.

Thanks,

15 Replies 15

Nikita Shrivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Muazam,

Have you given an IP address/gateway/subnet mask to the codec using the remote control.

You can use that IP address and access the codec's web interface from any browser and upgrade the codec.

Make sure you have a valid release key if you are aiming at a major software upgrade.

Network port of SX20 is not working then how am i  suppose to take web session.

Hi,

Is the codec not even allowing you to enter any IP address to it?

Does any other laptop/codec take IP from the same network outlet on which this codec is being connected.

What do you see on the screen of the SX20 when it is fully up?

When connecting to sx20 with laptop or connecting sx20 with my network sx20 shows no LAN and the network port at back back of sx20 does not blink any light.

Are you able to check what the NIC settings are set to on the SX20 via the Menu?  It may just be set to something that your laptop and/or LAN switch do not support?

You could also try a factory default reset if you still can't get anything happening - if you can't get to the CLI, or the menu isn't working for you - try the following:

1)     Turn off SX20

2)     Hold power button for ~10 seconds until it starts blinking

3)     Press power button twice.

4)     SX20 should factory reset and restart

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne,

I have tried reseting SX20 but it is still not getting any LAN. any other work around?

What are the NIC and/or IP settings set to on the codec?  Can you read them off the screen?

Does the device function at all?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne,

Device is working fine except the Network port.

NIC settings are set to AUTO and i have tried IP settings using static and DHCP but on screen SX20 shows NO LAN. that is why i am wondering what is the other way to upgrade the software.

Hi Muazam,

in case the Network LAN port on SX20 is faulty and all steps has been done to isolate it, then i think it better to replace it with other for video calls.

without the network connection, whats the use of upgrade ?

If the NIC in the device is not working, and you've exhausted all the options (manual IP settings, DHCP, factory reset, etc), then it sounds like you have a faulty device - it is unlikely a software upgrade will fix it - and the unit isn't of any use without a working NIC.  I'd suggest you log a call with the TAC to get it replaced.

Wayne

--

Wayne

Hi Muazam,

I have almost the same problem. After one year that video was installed, my customer reported this problem. I have checked the switch port and I can see via CDP the video, but there is no IP Address.

Via TRC5 (remote control), ipv4 option I can see the static ip address configured. There no Web access, now CLI access.

How did you resolved this problem?

Best regards

Daniel 

Daniel Sobrinho

Try changing the Network Speed that was set to codec to force the link and refresh the negotiation of the NIC.

Default setting is Auto. Try changing to other value. 

1000full

100full

100half

10full

10half

Then reboot the codec.

Check the settings on your endpoint regarding the Voice VLAN.

By default, this is set to Voice VLAN Mode: Auto.

Try setting this to OFF, or Manual and assigning the correct Voice VLAN ID number if you need it to be in a specific VLAN.

Wayne
--

Wayne

I am facing issue where the SX 20 device is showing no lan. When I directly connect a lan cable from my laptop to cisco device. I am able to take web login the system. When i connect the network lan cable to my laptop. The laptop shows it is connected to the network. What could be the problem?? Software version is 6.3.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: