Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SX20 no sound

Hi,

Suddenly, my SX20 is no sound and I discovered the error on the Troubleshooting screen. Is it related?

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

That error is because the

That error is because the microphones are not picking up any audio being sent out form the codec either through your TV or room speakers.  Has anything changed in your room to prevent the codec from sending audio out to the speakers?

VIP Green

That error message is really

That error message is really misleading and is often incorrect - i've seen it on quite a few devices, and logged multiple calls with TAC about this under different circumstances, and have ended up disabling the echo cancellation on a lot of our devices:

1. SSH into the codec as remotesuport user (Password needs to be obtained from the TAC)
  2. Type 'tsh'
  3. Run the following commands
  4. sys-ttpar set-litr Audio/Configuration/EcReferenceDelay[1]/Mode[1] Fixed
  5. sys-ttpar set-int Audio/Configuration/EcReferenceDelay[1]/Delay[1] 0

We get this error showing up on one of our SX20s that doesn't have a screen attached - but it doesn't give any indication that there's no screen there other than this dodgy warning about audio.

In your case, have you tried the basic troubleshooting such as:

• Check the volume on your TV/display isn't turned down or muted
  • Check the volume on the endpoint isn't turned down
  • Unplug HDMI cable from endpoint and display and reconnect / make sure they're connected properly
  • Try a different HDMI cable
  • Check the audio works on your display with another HDMI source

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appriopriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content