Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SX20 - no video from camera

Hi All,

I just received a new batch of SX20's that shipped with firmware 6.2 and after downgrading the firmware to 5.1.8.303428 the camera is no longer showing any video. Just a black screen for self view and while connected to a conference. I have checked all the video settings and they are correct including the video source being set to camera.

Output of xstatus camera looks ok and the only thing that I can see different from another SX20 is that the software on this camera is 20013 instead of 20012.

xstatus camera

*s Camera 1 Connected: True

*s Camera 1 HardwareID: "53000000"

*s Camera 1 Manufacturer: "TANDBERG"

*s Camera 1 Model: "PrecisionHD 1080p 4X S2"

*s Camera 1 SoftwareID: "S01777-2.0 FINAL [ID:20013] 2013-05-15"

*s Camera 1 SerialNumber: "FTT174001YL"

*s Camera 1 IpAddress: ""

*s Camera 1 MacAddress: ""

*s Camera 1 Position Pan: 880

*s Camera 1 Position Tilt: 150

*s Camera 1 Position Zoom: 4096

*s Camera 1 Position Focus: 134

*s Camera 1 Capabilities Options: "ptzf"

*s Camera 1 Flip: "Off"

** end

Upgrading back to a 6.x firmware brings back the video from the camera. We are currently standardized on 5.x firmware and would like to stay on this firmware until we decide to upgrade the rest of our units. Does any one have any ideas to resolve this?

Thanks,

Jeff

6 REPLIES
VIP Green

I haven't seen one with Software 20013 on it before.  Perhaps you can try to upgrade one of your codecs to TC6.3.0, which includes Camera Software version 20020 - this may then work bettter when you downgrade the SX20 to the old TC software.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

First of all, Please Make sure that you use camera 1 as a main source.

Then we have to check connection between a camera and a sx20. I'm pretty sure that you are using a "PrecisionHD 1080p 4X S2"

Does the camera move by pushing arrow keys?

Lastly, we need to consider about interoperability between the software of camera and TC software. If you downgrade the software, the software of camera should be downgraded that acutally correspond to the cureent TC software.

Thanks,

Paul

Camera 1 is set as a main source and the camera does move using the buttons as well as from our bridge when dialed into a call.

I will see if I can find instructions on how to downgrade the camera software and test that.

okay, hopefully you will manage it.

Looks like I've managed to sort this out. After applying the configuration template the Main View Source setting was stuck in an bad state. The Web interface shows that the main source is the camera as well. Even though it is correctly set to the camera on input 1 "xstatus input HDMI 1" shows a connected status of false. Oddly enough changing this setting through the web interface to input 2 which is the DVI cable and incorrect changes the status of "xstatus input HDMI 1" to True and I still have no camera feed.

I changed the setting through ssh using "xConfiguration Video MainVideoSource: 1" and then the camera feed came back. Not sure why it was not working through the web interface as I did try toggling it a few times, but looks like I have some usable codecs now.

VIP Green

Thanks for updating us Jeff.  Glad to hear your problem has been solved.

Wayne

--

Wayne
--
Views
Helpful
Replies