Views
Helpful
Replies

Sx20 Outbound Call

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I have paired SX20 with ISDN link, the incoming call audio and video are successful

• , but i have issues for outbound calling, they are going out by H323 calls and they are disconnecting by message "cannot connect call" also when i am trying to call from SX20 web interface by choosing the call protocol & call rate also the results are same.
  •   display name it shows me as fe:80 , as per the attached
  •   I have only 1 BRI port active at present the incoming call bandwith it shows me 64 kbps it is not using the other B channel, how i can make use of the other B channel to improve video quality.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Pratik Sachdeva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

To my knowledge, SIP should be used as the default protocol while placing calls. ISDN Link installation guide mentions the following config on the end-point:

Endpoint configuration - Use the Remote Control or Touch panel to configure.
• IP Assignment = Manual
• IP Address = 192.168.1.100
• Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
• Gateway Address = 192.168.1.1
• Set Default Call Protocol = SIP
• Set Default Call Rate: 1920 (Euro PRI 30 channels @ 64kbps)

Please see if changing the call protocol makes any difference. You can also verify what protocol is being used in case of an incoming call.

Regards,

PS

Having SIP as the call protocol is what needed to be done with the original ISDN Link software (IL1.0.0).  With the newer, and recommended, version (IL1.1.0), you set the call type to H.320 on the SX20.  Note: You need to have at least version TC6.x on your SX20 and have IPv6 enabled on both the SX20 and the ISDN Link (for the auto pairing function to work).

With version IL1.1.0 on the ISDN, you no longer need to dial the complex "x-h320number=999999" format required with IL1.0.0, you just specify the number and call type H.320, and it sorts the rest out itself.  Much nicer for the end user.

As for your inbound only using 1 channel, you'll need to check with your ISDN provider that the bonding functionality has been enabled on the two circuits.  It may be as simple as you need to dial the other channel's number rather than the one you're using.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear prsachde,

the incoming call is H320 from polycom which works very fine but when i dial it goes through H323 and the call disconnects, when i change the protocol to H320 issue is same. Also when i try to call GSM user the call disconnects , Neither H320,SIP,H323 protocol is working

Dear Wayne,

SX20 is 6.3,, ISDN link is (IL1.1.0) The ISDN link is already parired successfully.

I tried the by specifying the call type H320 as well but no success.

Thanks

Can you post the config of your ISDNLink so we can check the configuration?

As a comparison for you, I've attached the xconf of one of mine that works.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appriopriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: