Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 running in maintenance mode

adiouf001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

i have an issue with my SX20 telepresence device (TC6).

It is running in maintenance mode since 2 days.

Nobody has changed anything.

Do you know how to resolve it please?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try to do a reboot? That could be quick fix that works in 90% of the cases.

The maintenance mode starts if the system crashed for some reason and without

interaction it would stay like that.

If you reboot it and it boots up again to the maintenance mode, please try to do a factory default reset.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

In addition to what Martin has said above - a software update/re-install can also help to solve the Maitenance mode issues.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try to do a reboot? That could be quick fix that works in 90% of the cases.

The maintenance mode starts if the system crashed for some reason and without

interaction it would stay like that.

If you reboot it and it boots up again to the maintenance mode, please try to do a factory default reset.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

In addition to what Martin has said above - a software update/re-install can also help to solve the Maitenance mode issues.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

adiouf001
Level 1
Level 1

thank to you two,

I tried a reboot but That didn't work. it booted up again to the maintenance mode.

So i did a factory reset and that worked.

But i still don't know why it went on this mode.

Hi Aida,

As Martin indicated in his earlier post, the system will go in to maintenance mode if it has a software crash - it's not always known what causes it - you can try to gather the logs from the unit and look through them while it is still in maintenance mode.

But the fix is usually pretty simple - most times, a reboot can fix it - failing that, the factory reset, or upgrading/re-installing the software on the device will bring it back to life in the majority of other cases.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

I have the same problem on SX80 but nothing can help. I tried reboot, factory restore, upgrade / downgrade software, tried versions TC7.3.8, CE9.1.4 and few more, nothing worked. Codec remains in permanent maintenance model. Attached is the Log. Can anybody help?

@alexgarin wrote:

I have the same problem on SX80 but nothing can help. 

As per your other thread, it is most likely a hardware fault and the unit will need to be replaced.

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: