Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 sw ver 7.1 - I can't login root.

eyekiller1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am bk.

I  upgrade my sx20 to  version 7.1,   command  :  systemtools rootsettings on <password>  show error....!

how to setting root password...  or how to make userid....   I need make tcpdump.... 

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you check the Release Notes for TC7.1 you will see that the root account has been disabled and cannot be used any more. You can do a Tcpdump from the web interface, or with the "remotesupport" user (which you can activate through the TAC).
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You might want to check out the discussion at https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12166996/tc71-now-released-and-available-ciscocom

I personally think this is bad decision and will make the jobs of the technical staff supporting this equipment (you and me) harder and more frustrating, will lead to unnecessary TAC calls, or even leave those with no maintenance or EoL equipment out in the cold.

Still, who are we to argue against the corporate mega giant that is Cisco. As Wayne said, the decision has been made and will probably never be undone - Shame, I say.

Cheers

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: