Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Time changing

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have issue with SX20 Time, i have set the time properly after few days the time changes automatically why ???

It is paired with ISDN link, any hints please.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

I've found that the only way I can keep time accurate, is to set NTP, and set the dropdown below the NTP server IP to manual.  Even with that, I've still had issues where it forgets the NTP settings with reboots and/or software upgrades.

Dear Paul,

This is no known problems for every version of SX20?? so there is no solution from cisco.

thanks

I have this issue with one out of three sx20s.

Dear Paul,

so what is the conclusion if you say 1 out of 3 , this means SX20 is from factory hardware defect or software bug.

thanks

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Most likely a software bug.  I just haven't had time to look too deeply into it.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are your SX20 / ISDN link connected to a network where you can get NTP from internally or the internet?

I recommend that you synchronize both.

please try to enable ntp and see if this changes the behavior.

I never really looked into it, and I guess its not present, but in theory ISDN can be used to

set the time of a device, and further in theory the SX20 could get the time from the ISDNlink.

I see two points here, if it does it, check the time of the ISDN lines and ISDNlink, if it does not

do it, if you have ISDN only this might be worth a feature request.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Dear Samuel

Is it the time is set on ISDN link, try to set on ISDN link and see if the time changes

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: