Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 Codec HDMI audio

anthonyberry
Level 1
Level 1

Morning all,

Just a quick one, I have three SX80's with a PC connected to HDMI input 2 and three on all units I get no audio on the second input. I have checked the configuration settings and audio is selected to on. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Cheers Anthony

3 Replies 3

gasparaud
Level 1
Level 1

We have not been able to send audio using the HDMI input 1.

My guess would be that it might not support audio on input 1 and 2 but if someone could confirm this...

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HDMI Inputs 1 and 2 are generally used for Cameras and it's recommended that the PC is connected to HDMI 3.  This is mentioned in the SX80 Admin Guide, page 120 - Connecting a computer.

You also need to check that the PC is sending a standard stereo signal down the HDMI and not a Dolby Digital/DTS/WMA/or other encoded audio stream - this is usually the issue from my experience.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if approprate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

HDMI 1 and 2 audio inputs are disabled by default - you can enable them through xcommand, or through TC Console control:

see page 80 for "xcommand audio localinput AddConnector"

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/api-reference-guide/sx80-api-reference-guide-tc71.pdf

Or you can drag the ports over in TC console to the HDMI input section.

-Jonathan