cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 not picking up IP after restart

Farid Seyed
Level 1
Level 1

Upon restarting SX80 codec on two of our meeting rooms no IP address is picked up by the codec. There isnt any issue on the network infrastructure side and all ports are tested.

Tests carried out:  Factory reset twice from codec, twice from touch panel. DHCP Connection made after one of the resets somehow.

Second room after numerous factory resets, no IP was picked up. Decided to downgrade firmware to TC 7.2, issue persisted. Allocated Static IP to codec (10.115.118.18) connection made, config pushed through, unit restarted for testing purpose and no static IP picked up again. Performed another factory reset and added the static IP and configured. As it stands Sx80 codecs on our site will not receive static or DHCP IP upon restart of codec. I understand my question may be broad, but is there any advice or suggestions I can follow.

P.s I have tried other codecs on these ports all seem to be working like charm, it appears to be only the SX80 codec being at fault.

Farid

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Is VLAN Voice mode set to On, when you don't want that in your environment?  That's the problem a lot of my customers have these days.  It defaults to On, and most aren't yet using their Voice VLAN for video.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Is VLAN Voice mode set to On, when you don't want that in your environment?  That's the problem a lot of my customers have these days.  It defaults to On, and most aren't yet using their Voice VLAN for video.

Anthony!!! You are the man!

Disabled the VLAN and now both static and DHCP up running. 

Great help!

I have same problem. i have tried this option and reboot it as well. before it was working fine but since three days telepresence not getting IP from dhcp. three days ago i saw there is no LAN so just i reboot it and it got IP. but now telepresence not getting IP. please help me to fix this issue.