cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 operating temperature

bravo
Level 1
Level 1

According to the data sheet for the SX80 the codec has an ambient temperature range of 0°C to 40°C (32 to 104° F).

Is there an actual operating temp listed anywhere for the codec which can be used to match against the information provided in an xstatus?

We are looking to make sure the codec is operating at proper temperature levels.

Thank you,

Jose Bravo

Visitec

3 Replies 3

bravo
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have codecs operating at over 155°F according to the xstatus information.

155F is not an issue, but I would try to keep it below 180F or so. The C-series will shut down when it get close to max internal operating temperature, so I would assume the SX80 will have a similar built-in fail-safe. (I can't recall what the max internal op temp is, but it's pretty high.)

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't believe that the SX80 (I don't have one here to double check, but checked on some C series endpoints) will show the ambient (room) temperature - they only report the system operating temperature.

I'd say that if the room that the people who are using the SX80 in is below 0°C, or higher than 40°C, you'd be getting some complaints.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.