Views
Helpful
Replies

T3 trouble shooting- screen split problem

zhuyiliang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My corporation has 3 T3 devices and dozens of C20 devices. Core devices including MCU 8710 and VCS, etc.

Now i am facing one problem is if i add T3 A, B and one C20 into a multipoint conference in 8710, i can see a full screen with two seats in T3 room on C20 display.  but once i add T3 C into that conference, the C20 screen will split to 3 lines, all the 3 T3 are showed in one screen.

Only T3 C can cause the problem, but i don't remember that i did any unique configrations.

Has anybody here experienced a issue like that before?

I would really appreciate any suggestion.

Regards.

IMG_1200.JPGbefore adding T3 CIMG_1201.JPGafter T3 C added

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think this got to do with the T3 configuration.  Goto the call configurstion (from the TCD) and check if the Custom panel switch setting is set to Panel Switch with PIP.

regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yiliang,

To clarify - in the first screen shot, as seen from the C20 side, this is T3 A and B and the C20 in the coneferece? Are the lights out in one of the rooms?

And in the second screen shot, as seen from the C20 side, this is the conference with T3 A, B, C in it, as well as the C20?

Also, can you advise on or post a screen shot of the TPS Default Endpoint Settings page.

Hi  Jonathan

Thank you very much for your reply.

To clarify - in the first screen shot, as seen from the C20 side, this is T3 A and B and the C20 in the coneferece? Are the lights out in one of the rooms? -yes

And in the second screen shot, as seen from the C20 side, this is the conference with T3 A, B, C in it, as well as the C20?  -yes

According to the test result yesterday, i found this situation aslo exists during the point to point call.

If i make a point to point call between T3 A/B and C20, i can see the full screen with 2 seats from C20.

But if the call is established between T3 C and C20, only splitted screen can be seen on the C20 screen.

Out of interest, given that the T3s are behaving differently, do they all run the same software version?  Is the "C' one on a different version?  And what about your C20s?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi  Wayne

All T3s are running in version TCU4.2, codec TC5.1.3.  I upgraded them at the same time in TMS.

C20 might be in version TC5.1.X.

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think this got to do with the T3 configuration.  Goto the call configurstion (from the TCD) and check if the Custom panel switch setting is set to Panel Switch with PIP.

regards

Hi  Tang

it is this parameter.

thank you very much.