Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 1080p 12x and 1080 4x daisy Chain

NETe Support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a C40 codec that connected to a 12X PHD camera and daisy chain to a 4X PHD camera. (There are only 2 cameras)

I am having issues with the camera control on the 4x camera and the only way to get it work is to;

1. Power up the Codec.

2. Power up the 4x camera (When this is power up, I am able to control the camera Pan/Tilt but unable to access the OSD menu using remote controller.)

3. Reboot the Codec. (Once the codec is rebooted, I can control the 4x camera and access the C40 OSD menu)

The problem now is, the codec and camera are powered off after usage. Everytime during startup, I have to follow the exact sequence above to resume the control. If the camera is power on first, it will not work.

Precision HD 1080p 12x - S01718-4.0Final [ID:40063]

Precision HD 1080p 4x   - S01752-2.0Final [ID: 20003]

Codec C40 - TC 4.1.2

Thanks

ngwt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I tested this in lab, no such issue seem.   But I am using TC5.1 beta which has newer camera firmware.  It might be worth doing an upgrade to TC5.0.1 which also has newer camera firmware then TC4.1.2 and check if issue can still be replicated.

regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jeremy Morris
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check the pin-outs of the daisy chain cable (RJ11-RJ45)? We found a typo in an earlier setup guide.

Second cam powered locally, correct?

Any control system (AMX, Crestron, Extron)? Is cam control plugged into correct com port on codec?

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I tested this in lab, no such issue seem.   But I am using TC5.1 beta which has newer camera firmware.  It might be worth doing an upgrade to TC5.0.1 which also has newer camera firmware then TC4.1.2 and check if issue can still be replicated.

regards,

Dharmesh Nandoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi weenam,

Whan you face this issue at same time type command "xstatus camera " and check are you getting 2nd camera connected.

If you are able to move camera this amy be due to internal IR of camera .

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

NETe Support
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks gentlemens,

I will upgrade the C40 to TC5 and update the results.

NETe Support
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Tang. TC5 firmware solved the issues.

BTW,i have one problem as below:

i wanna control camera procisionHD 12x directly by contronler of Extron but can not.i think it need to change RS232 parameter from 9600 bits per second (by default) to 38400.who can help me to solve this issue.