cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TANDBERG 1700MXP SW Version F6.3 reboots in Codian MCU

Rachael Mast
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues with a few TANDBERG systems with software version F6.3 (6000 MXP, 1700MXP, etc) that constantly reboot when they dial into my Codian MCU 4510 SW Version 4.4(3.42).  I know a software upgrade to F9.X will fix the issue, but a lot of the systems are not under service contract and therefore cannot receive the release key. I haven't seen any other posts about this issue.  Has anyone else seen this and know a work-around?

18 Replies 18

Thanks for following this up Yanick and the the positive feedback that something is being done to, hopefully, stop this occuring again in the future.

Much appreaciated.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello I have this problem to

I can't get release key from My EDGE95 and MXP 1700 Version 6.3 PAL

I can't open service request because don't have support contract

You can sometimes contact TAC and they can provide free software due to security vulnerabilities in the software, for example cisco-sa-20140605-openssl.  Either call or email them and reference the security advisory.

As the MXP 1700 has completely passed its End of Support Date (28 February 2017), you may not get much assistance with that one.

The Edge95s are still supported until 31 May 2018, so you should still be able to get some help with those.

As [@patrick.sparkman] mentioned, if you contact the TAC, or Global Licensing and reference the security advisory, you should be able to get a Release Key, for the "supported" systems anyway.  You may, if you're really lucky, be able to get one for the 1700, but I wouldn't count on it.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: