Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 3000 MXP issue

zlxuso2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have a client who has a Tandberg 3000 MXP, sometimes the TV display does not start automatically when received a call. The video conference starts and the camera works but the TV doesn't start and they cannot see the other side. They have to reboot the TV to get it working again. Do you have an idea to fix this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There needs to be more information here to answer your question.

The codec has the ability to tell a digital display to goto sleep or wake up through signaling between the display and codec - if the two negotiate properly.  This is dependent on the type of display being used and configuration in the endpoint.

But you are not limited to using these compatible displays.. and they could be using ANY kind of analog or digital display.

When the codec doesn't negotiate with the display... when the display is on, off, or in standby is dependent on the display's setup.

Without knowing anything about the display in use... there is little we can do to help because we don't even know what the intended outcome is.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

zlxuso2010
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody has any idea for this?

Hi,

I suspect the codec cannot detect the display / not able to get EDID information from the display. It could be a problem with the cable / display itself. 

What is the display model used & what cable is connected in between ?

Alternatively, you can try changing the display / cable

Thanks

Deva G

Hi Deva,

That's what I was thinking. But according to my client (in Argentina), the cable between the TV and Codec is OK, so might be the TV itself? Can we just change another TV monitor for 3000 MXP?

Thanks,

J.X

There needs to be more information here to answer your question.

The codec has the ability to tell a digital display to goto sleep or wake up through signaling between the display and codec - if the two negotiate properly.  This is dependent on the type of display being used and configuration in the endpoint.

But you are not limited to using these compatible displays.. and they could be using ANY kind of analog or digital display.

When the codec doesn't negotiate with the display... when the display is on, off, or in standby is dependent on the display's setup.

Without knowing anything about the display in use... there is little we can do to help because we don't even know what the intended outcome is.