Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg C series codec - DVI-I

ronin2k8cronus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am trying to understand the DVI ports on a C60 codec. I need to connect a VGA Input (from PC) and a Hdmi output (to a plasma display). I can only find vga to vga cables and hdmi to hdmi cables (good quality ones).

I want to figure out what kind of DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI adapter I need to buy. The ports on the codec are DVI-I.

For the vga cable will I need to buy a vga to DVI-A adapter, even a DVI-I adapter, just not a DVI-D adapter? 

For the hdmi cable will I need to buy a hdmi to DVI-D adapter, even a DVI-I adapter, just not a DVI-A adapter? 

Is the above corect or not?

Thank you,

Silviu.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> For the vga cable will I need to buy a vga to DVI-A adapter, even a DVI-I adapter, just not a DVI-D adapter? 

Correct, you may use VGA-to-DVI-I (or VGA-to-DVI-A) adapter but also have a choice for using the VGA-DVI-I cable (or VGA-DVI-A cable) which might have more selection with lower price.

> For the hdmi cable will I need to buy a hdmi to DVI-D adapter, even a DVI-I adapter, just not a DVI-A adapter? 

Correct, DVI-D or DVI-I adapter works for your installation, however you may use HDMI connection on monitor directly without converting DVI-HDMI.

Please note that some of C-series coded has multiple HDMI-out interfaces and may need to change monitor role configuration to first or second monitor out.

=======================================================

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 OverscanLevel: None

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 CEC Mode: Off

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 MonitorRole: First

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 3 Resolution: Auto

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 3 OverscanLevel: None

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 3 CEC Mode: Off

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 3 MonitorRole: Second

======================================================

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jusstone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Silvu,

The C60 has a native HDMI output. Why aren't you using that out to your plasma display? Is it already in use and you want to use the DVI output instead? If so, you should be able to use a DVI-I dual link 24+5 male to HDMI female adapter.

The C60 DVI inputs are DVI-I, so you should be able to get a DVI-I (male) to VGA (female) adapter.

Justin

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> For the vga cable will I need to buy a vga to DVI-A adapter, even a DVI-I adapter, just not a DVI-D adapter? 

Correct, you may use VGA-to-DVI-I (or VGA-to-DVI-A) adapter but also have a choice for using the VGA-DVI-I cable (or VGA-DVI-A cable) which might have more selection with lower price.

> For the hdmi cable will I need to buy a hdmi to DVI-D adapter, even a DVI-I adapter, just not a DVI-A adapter? 

Correct, DVI-D or DVI-I adapter works for your installation, however you may use HDMI connection on monitor directly without converting DVI-HDMI.

Please note that some of C-series coded has multiple HDMI-out interfaces and may need to change monitor role configuration to first or second monitor out.

=======================================================

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 OverscanLevel: None

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 CEC Mode: Off

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 MonitorRole: First

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 3 Resolution: Auto

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 3 OverscanLevel: None

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 3 CEC Mode: Off

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 3 MonitorRole: Second

======================================================

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I am using a VGA cable with dvi-to-vga adapter because I could not find a good quality vga-dvi cable (a 10 meter one)

The c 60 codec I am using has one HDMI and one DVI video outputs and I have two displays, so that is why I need to also use the DVI output.

Thak you for the clarification regarding DVI-I, DVI-D and DVI-A.

Silviu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: