Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg C40 Video Conference not established just Audio Call

Hi,

I'm running CUCM 9.1 with Tandberg C40 TC5.1.11 + MCU3515. When a Video Call has been established it works like a charm but when a 3erd Video Phone is added the video conference is established but the tandberg display a "Audio Call" message. The video conference is established running a MCU3515.

What's wrong? Do I need a additional license? This is the license installed:

Valid release key:
Yes
Installed options:
NaturalPresenter, PremiumResolution, DualDisplay

Thanks in advance

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Leo -

You're issue to me is hard to follow and understand, if you could let us know more about what you're trying to do, it would help, be as descriptive as possible if you can.

At what point are you seeing the "audio call" message on the C40?  Typically you'll see that when the C40 already has one video call connected, anything that tries to connect after that will take the remaining audio only port, as the C40 can support 1 video call and 1 audio only call.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response. That's exactly the scenario, when the C40 already has one video call connected if I tried to make a Video Conference the "Audio Call" message appear.

"C40 can support 1 video call and 1 audio only call." <- Does that means is not posible? I thought MCU will act as a bridge , estabilicing " One video Call"  between every Video Phone or Codec. Am I right?

If you have an MCU in the mix, which you do, the MCU should be the conference host.  The C40 should only have 1 connection to the MCU, that being a video call.

I don't have any idea... Maybe the call can't be negociated between the MCU and Codec and only a Audio Call is established.

I believe George below might have the answer below, I can't say for sure myself, since I don't have CUCM.

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I dont recall but i think the C40 didnt have the option to enable MRGL for adhoc conferencing in the version of code you are running. I think you have to upgrade your code. Right now my guess is, its using the inbuilt conferencing features on the endpoint itself. 

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,

Thanks for the response. I'm able to assign a MRGL on CUCM. The codec version is TC5.1.11. What version did you think will work?

The Add partipant option is grayout when a call is established, how can I activate this option?

This is more of an endpoint configuration. If you go to latest 7.x, that will definitely work. There is an option on the endpoint called "Multipoint Conference" where you can select options. You have options like Multisite,MRGL etc. You need the MRGL selected but that should already be selected if the endpoint registers to CUCM. Anyways, i would try upgrading the codec and if that doesnt work, will have to look at CUCM configurations.

Please rate useful posts.

I just checked the TC5 admin guide and it doesn't reference a CUCM multipoint mode to be used for conferences.  However, starting with TC7 it does, it's on pg 73 of admin guide linked below.

profile-c60-c40-and-codec-c60-c40-administrator-guide-tc70.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: