cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TANDBERG CODEC 3000MXP upgrade path to latest version

Hi

The company I work for has a TANDBERG CODEC 3000MXP runing software version

F5.0 PAL

I know that this unit is old but just wondering if it could be possible to upgrade to the latest version F9.31. And if so what the upgrade path would be.

Cheers

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alvaro,

As Jens has mentioned, you may be able to go directly from F5 -> F9, but the path recommended would be worth the extra step to make sure.  (I expected to see an F8 step in there as there was a camera firmware update in F8).

If you've got a service contract on your device you should have access to all the release keys via the licencing portal, so, again, doing the extra step shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If you don't have a service contract, you may be interested in this security advisory which should help get you up to version 9.  If you're going down this path, you should also ask in the TAC request for the F7 release key so you can do the staged upgrade (or you proceed directly with the 5->9 if they won't give it to you).

PS: Here's the thread with the recommended upgrade path: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2110507

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

Alvaro Gutierrez Gracia wrote:

BTW the link you provide "security advisory" it's broken (says page can't be found). Mind giving it again, please?

Correct link:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20110831-tandberg

-Kjetil

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Recommended path is F5.x ---> F7.0 --->F9.x

You might be able to straight from F5..x to F9.x, but the above path was recommended by a Cisco engineer in this forum a while back.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Alvaro,

As Jens has mentioned, you may be able to go directly from F5 -> F9, but the path recommended would be worth the extra step to make sure.  (I expected to see an F8 step in there as there was a camera firmware update in F8).

If you've got a service contract on your device you should have access to all the release keys via the licencing portal, so, again, doing the extra step shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If you don't have a service contract, you may be interested in this security advisory which should help get you up to version 9.  If you're going down this path, you should also ask in the TAC request for the F7 release key so you can do the staged upgrade (or you proceed directly with the 5->9 if they won't give it to you).

PS: Here's the thread with the recommended upgrade path: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2110507

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll check what my service contract is with this device and let you know what the outcome is.

BTW the link you provide "security advisory" it's broken (says page can't be found). Mind giving it again, please?

Cheers

Alvaro

Alvaro Gutierrez Gracia wrote:

Correct link:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20110831-tandberg

-Kjetil

Thanks for that... I've fixed the link in the post.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Thanks for that. After dealing with TAC they agreed to upgrade to latest to solve th bug in version 5.

Thank you so much!!

cheers

Alvaro

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your reply. I'll let you know what the outcome is

Cheers

Alvaro