Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg MCU 4200 series with Tandberg Telepresence content server

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We are going to depoly a small video conferencing solution. In the plannng phrase, we prefer to use the Tandberg MCU 4200 as the Gatekeeper registrator for the Content server and Tandberg Video endpoint. There are some issue we would to clarify,

1. We are going to use the MCU 4200 as the internal Gatekeeper registrator instead of TANDBERG VCS. We known that the MCU registration limition is 50 user, and we have tested with video endpoints. However, we haven't tested the MCU registration  with Tandberg contect server, anyone have tried this solution?
      2. We know the Telepresence content server comes with 5 port license ( Hosts up to five concurrent calls), is it use up 1 port license with the each MCU conference? (For example, there are totally 3 endpoints and a recording alias recording1@domain.com called into mcu1@domain.com, in my assumption,  Telepresence content server use 1 port license while MCU use up 4 video port license?)
      3. Any cisco or free software is recommended in provide these network diagram,as we would like proivde the solution diagram to the client.

Thank a lot.

Best Regards,

Ben

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sagsheth
      Cisco Employee
      Cisco Employee

Hi Lai Cheuk Bun,

1. Yes you can register Content server to Internal Gatekeeper of MCU

2. Yes, you are right. It will only take 1 port on Content server and 4 port on MCU

3. Regarding software, I have seen Microsoft visio is extensively used. However not sure about any recommendation from Cisco

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Sagar Sheth

View solution in original post

Tomonori Taniguchi
      Cisco Employee
      Cisco Employee

> 1. We are going to use the MCU 4200 as the internal Gatekeeper registrator instead of TANDBERG VCS.

> We known that the MCU registration limition is 50 user, and we have tested with video endpoints.

> However, we haven't tested the MCU registration  with Tandberg contect server, anyone have

> tried this solution?

Although highly recommend for deployment with VCS, yes, TCS works fine with embedded GK on MCU4200 series.

> 2. We know the Telepresence content server comes with 5 port license (Hosts up to five concurrent calls),

> is it use up 1 port license with the each MCU conference? (For example, there are totally 3 endpoints and

> a recording alias recording1@domain.com called into mcu1@domain.com, in my assumption,

> Telepresence content server use 1 port license while MCU use up 4 video port license?)

Yes correct, TCS recording session on MCU conference consume 1 video port per recording session.

> 3. Any cisco or free software is recommended in provide these network diagram,as we would like proivde

> the solution diagram to the client.

Can you explain a bit more what exactly you are looking for "network diagram", like blueprint?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sagsheth
      Cisco Employee
      Cisco Employee

Hi Lai Cheuk Bun,

1. Yes you can register Content server to Internal Gatekeeper of MCU

2. Yes, you are right. It will only take 1 port on Content server and 4 port on MCU

3. Regarding software, I have seen Microsoft visio is extensively used. However not sure about any recommendation from Cisco

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Sagar Sheth

Tomonori Taniguchi
      Cisco Employee
      Cisco Employee

> 1. We are going to use the MCU 4200 as the internal Gatekeeper registrator instead of TANDBERG VCS.

> We known that the MCU registration limition is 50 user, and we have tested with video endpoints.

> However, we haven't tested the MCU registration  with Tandberg contect server, anyone have

> tried this solution?

Although highly recommend for deployment with VCS, yes, TCS works fine with embedded GK on MCU4200 series.

> 2. We know the Telepresence content server comes with 5 port license (Hosts up to five concurrent calls),

> is it use up 1 port license with the each MCU conference? (For example, there are totally 3 endpoints and

> a recording alias recording1@domain.com called into mcu1@domain.com, in my assumption,

> Telepresence content server use 1 port license while MCU use up 4 video port license?)

Yes correct, TCS recording session on MCU conference consume 1 video port per recording session.

> 3. Any cisco or free software is recommended in provide these network diagram,as we would like proivde

> the solution diagram to the client.

Can you explain a bit more what exactly you are looking for "network diagram", like blueprint?

Hi Tomonori,

Thank for your clear explanantion.

Regarding point 3, we are looking for some software and libaray to draw the overall Video conferencing solution, as follows,

Best Regards,

Ben

Bit out-of-date document but upload blueprints to https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26306.